CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system is Gigabyte Z370P D3 + Core i5-8400 + Pulse 5700 GPU. Catalina 10.15.5.
The only problem is the USB 3.0 HDD that is showing as USB2.0 drive just after operating system launch.
USBMap is configured correctly. If I remove the drive and connect again to the same port it shows correctly USB 3.0.
In USBMap>Discover Ports it looks like the device is connected to HS03 (for example), but just after reconnect it shows on SS03. If I make a reboot it is USB3.0 again. But if I switch the PC off and than on - again USB2.0
If I remove HS03 from the kext - no drive on start-up, than reattach and USB3.0 shows again.
Looks like the system doesn't see the USB3.0 devices on startup. XHCI handoff is switched on (switch off doesn't help). I have no idea what to try else, any help comes in handy.
P.S. Everything was done according to Vanilla Guide.
P.P.S. With USBInjectAll.kext the same behaviour: USB2 on startup>remove>insert>USB3, so the problem should be related not to USBMap.

Last edited:
I don't have a solution to your problem, but could you post your EFI folder please? I am having trouble getting OpenCore to work with this board. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back