Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Z370 HD3P - i7 8700K - RX580 8GB - Catalina 10.15.5 - OpenCore 0.5.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you upload your config.plist file. I got everything working and some how damaged my config file.

Hi

Could you please upload the EFI folder that you've used for Z370 HD3 coz i have the same board and its not happening for me.

Thank you

I have included my EFI folder that works for me on the latest 10.15.4 update, you just need to add your usb port config and re-add serial numbers which I have removed.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8 MB · Views: 391
I have included my EFI folder that works for me on the latest 10.15.4 update, you just need to add your usb port config and re-add serial numbers which I have removed.
I'm using the same exact motherboard and CPU as you. Can you let me know what does "add your usb port config" mean? Thank you!

Hey @andyxm715. I got OpenCore 0.6.3 to work but my CPU is constantly at near peak core frequency in Intel Power Gadget. The CPU should throttle down to around 2.2GHz when nothing is using it but instead it's always near 4.5GHz. Are you seeing this in your setup as well?

I'm using the same exact motherboard and CPU as you. Can you let me know what does "add your usb port config" mean? Thank you!
It was to do with the Clover setup. You needed to setup your USB ports which differ on the USB ports on your case, as Apple have USB port limits and as most Boards have more USB ports than Apple devices.

Thanks for the OpenCore starter pack. I'm having issues with the latest version so if you upgrade to latest OpenCore and Big Sur please reply here so we/I get notified of the update :)
Sorry @aforty I no longer have this system, I think the last OpenCore update I did was 0.5.9

Hey @andyxm715. I got OpenCore 0.6.3 to work but my CPU is constantly at near peak core frequency in Intel Power Gadget. The CPU should throttle down to around 2.2GHz when nothing is using it but instead it's always near 4.5GHz. Are you seeing this in your setup as well?
Hi @aforty are you using my SSDT-PLUG from OC 0.5.9, if so that file might not work for your setup, I would download and use the SSDT-PLUG from the OpenCore Setup Guide.

Hello!

thank you for your detailed information. It helped me to switch to Catalina

Have your tried Big Sur yet?

best mpk

Hi, I've just installed Big Sur with this EFI folder with OC 0.6.3. Attached a deserialized version.

Does it works for you too?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    76.3 MB · Views: 151
Hi, I've just installed Big Sur with this EFI folder with OC 0.6.3. Attached a deserialized version.

Does it works for you too?

Thank you! I will try it tonight. Can you share your BIOS settings with me and which BIOS Firmware Version you are using? Maybe this is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back