4. Quadra
  5. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gigabyte z170-gaming-7
PNY Nvidia GTX950 2GB DDR3
32Gb ram
Samsung env 850

This is my second hackentosh and first full build in a long time.

My biggest problem is getting the graphics card to work in either El Capitan or
In Sierra. I used this card before in my other hackentosh setup as a Mac Pro 3,1 and I'm setting this up as an IMac 17,1.

Is there a certain version of clover I should be using, or settings for booting or kexts?

I'm trying to fix this while fighting the flu, so any help would be awesome.

Is there a certain version of clover I should be using, or settings for booting or kexts?

As long as you don't have the Nvidia Web Drivers installed you have to add nv_disable=1 to your boot args.

new method for enabling the NVIDIA Web Drivers

Also note that you will probably will have issues with the chosen iMac17,1 system definition due to Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition. You can prevent these issues by changing the system definition to iMac14,2

Gigabyte z170-gaming-7
PNY Nvidia GTX950 2GB DDR3
32Gb ram
Samsung env 850

This is my second hackentosh and first full build in a long time.

My biggest problem is getting the graphics card to work in either El Capitan or
In Sierra. I used this card before in my other hackentosh setup as a Mac Pro 3,1 and I'm setting this up as an IMac 17,1.

I'm trying to fix this while fighting the flu, so any help would be awesome.

Choose appropriate system definition from here (based on your processor) : http://www.everymac.com

If you want to enable your GPU, then you need to install NVIDIA Web Driver.

Once you installed web driver, make sure that you had changed NvidiaWeb to true under SystemParameters section of your config.plist file. See below,

Code:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
       <key>InjectKexts</key>
       <string>YES</string>
       <key>InjectSystemID</key>
       <true/>
       <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
       <true/>
    </dict>

Read this AIO Guide if you are facing issues : Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I followed all the steps and it still dies during the boot process.
I'm starting to loose my hair, I enclosed a copy of my config.plist if you can see any idea why it wont post past boot screen?

Choose appropriate system definition from here (based on your processor) : http://www.everymac.com

If you want to enable your GPU, then you need to install NVIDIA Web Driver.

Once you installed web driver, make sure that you had changed NvidiaWeb to true under SystemParameters section of your config.plist file. See below,

Code:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
       <key>InjectKexts</key>
       <string>YES</string>
       <key>InjectSystemID</key>
       <true/>
       <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
       <true/>
    </dict>

Read this AIO Guide if you are facing issues : Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 56
I followed all the steps and it still dies during the boot process.
I'm starting to loose my hair, I enclosed a copy of my config.plist if you can see any idea why it wont post past boot screen?

What is happening while trying to boot OS X??

Well it boots normally but if I choose the nvidia web it hangs and then reboots.

Please attach /var/log/system.log.txt after the hung & reboot. You can use below command to get the system.log file on your desktop.

Code:
cp /var/log/system.log ~/Desktop/system.log.txt

Please attach /var/log/system.log.txt after the hung & reboot. You can use below command to get the system.log file on your desktop.

Code:
cp /var/log/system.log ~/Desktop/system.log.txt

Here is the system.log file.

Attachments

• system.log.txt
    97.3 KB · Views: 584
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back