Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X99P-SLI Motherboard with Broadwell-E 6800k, some success/some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that Geekbench 4 because the scores are low across the board on GB4 compared to GB3

but you can get higher

Have you backed everything up?

Problem is now I'm on Sierra so i can't really help you with my patches, you may want to search for some similar chips and boards and start playing around with the patches in Clover Kernel to Patch

Yes indeed backed everything with ccc thanks ! That saved me hard , I ran a multi beast for audio and clicked the i7 bridge or something ... I tried to boot off my original and it didn't work .. :/ I was shocked so I copied efi from modded and saved me , same just happen then when I tried to install a clover theme .. I have everything setup and backed up on my HD and my main boot is ssd ... which patches in particular ? Should I dabble with ?

I can say that I have everything working fairly adequately with this board. I am using it with an ES Xeon (10 core no HT) but no NVME - I use for booting windows.
The main challenges I found were the OsxAptioFixDrv problems which is clearly explained and solved in the following page:

https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/

In addition, my memory (4 16gb sticks) was not initially detected correctly, so I had to enter the information manually. See my solution on this post:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/memory-not-correct-in-about-this-mac.206936/

Finally, there was the problem of the power management - which in reality is not completely solved. Generating an SSDT and doing the Clover patches and fake id may give you some PM but I found a solution that is good enough for me and gets me at least max Turbo and min frequency (kind of like when PM did not completely work for X79), instructions can be found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/317747-haswell-e-powermanagement-yet-another-option/

If anyone need any additional information or help, please let me know.

Powermanagement patches, Piker Alpha patches, XCPM,

Some info here that I'm following but remember this is for Sierra so you'll have to do some of your own searching

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...ily-and-haswell-e-family/page-19#entry2303763

hey
I have nearly identical setup to you and going to try with latest sierra from apple store as of nov 1st... except im using a Crucial SSD and a rx 480...

I was trying to find you EFI file and kexts you got to work but i could. the first link on mega is down... is there a way you can hook me up? :)

Many thanks!

hey
I have nearly identical setup to you and going to try with latest sierra from apple store as of nov 1st... except im using a Crucial SSD and a rx 480...

I was trying to find you EFI file and kexts you got to work but i could. the first link on mega is down... is there a way you can hook me up? :)

Many thanks!

How are you going to get the 480 to work, you'll need a helper card to boot

Wassup All.. Has anyone checked their cinebench scores after sleep...
My scores are half what the were after sleep.. My processor is a Xeon E5 2658 V3... No issues on the windows side, scores stay the same of one or two points up or down..

Wassup All.. Has anyone checked their cinebench scores after sleep...
My scores are half what the were after sleep.. My processor is a Xeon E5 2658 V3... No issues on the windows side, scores stay the same of one or two points up or down..

No i haven't checked

I have updated my system with a Sapphire RX480 8GB Nitro, system is running smooth after some testing, i've also fixed the port limit problems thanks to @rehbmans guide here. I'd recommend anyone to study his guides before just attempting to intall my EFI.

But basically all you have to do is copy USBInjectAll.kext with Kext Utility and then copy my SSDT-UIAC.aml into Clover--ACPI--Patched.

Here are the latest files for my build, 10.12.3, FCPX runs quick 22sec BruceX Test, i'd recommend a 6900K if anyone is looking through my thread if you are video/editing... doing graphics... Audio etc but the 6800k is pretty good bang for buck

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.zip
    930 bytes · Views: 85
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
@ekwipt Hello ekwipt, I have followed Giacomoleopardo's guide , I also used your EFI and CLOVER files, but i am still not able to get to mac os sierra setup screen, everytime i get invalid sign and auto restart. I have i7 6800k, 32GB Ram, Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5P mobo, and Zotac gtx 1080 amp extreme (i know its unsupported in mac os, i use this for gaming and rendering on windows), recently i purchased used msi gtx 760 which is supported in mac os. I used el capitan on my old pc (Asus G41 mobo, 8GB DDR3, Xeon X5470, gtx 760). It was completely stable, but performance was not enough for working on FCPX, So i decided to install Sierra on my X99 workstation. I also swapped my gpu with gtx 760, but still i am not able to get to setup screen. I also made changes needed in bios for mac os. I have tried lots of boot args combination, which include "npci=0x2000/npci=0x3000, nvda_drv=1/nv_disable=1, kext-dev-mode=1 , cpus=1, dart=0"etc. but still no success. Please guide me, thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20170318_035302.jpg
    IMG_20170318_035302.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
You have to use haswell-e fakecpuid and check off haswell in clover, plus the usual kexts from the haswell guides, only once you're installed you can use my efi or anyone that's using broadwell-e. I don't have my hack in front of me as I'm working interstate, so I can't give you more detailed instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back