Contribute
Register

Gigabyte-x99p-sli-gets-thunderbolt-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
WebShiver, do you have an update on your USB C quest? I'd be interested to hear what you found, I'm considering selling of my X99-UD4 for the X99P-SLI because of the USB C connection, since Gigabyte doesn't manufacture the GC-Thunderbolt 2 card anymore.

Let me know what you find!

@rackam_blue and others Sorry for the late answer: now it's 99% working, it will remain only the usb c to solve that it's my next quest.
I used Clover to build the hack, pretty solid, you can fix on the fly the kexts run on your system without compromising the S/L/E folder. My most annoying issue was from the OsxAptio memory fix problem during the boot process solved by useful info founded on clover sourceforge community https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackin...relocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/. Once fixed, the majority of clover guides for Haswell-e are valid.

@cyonix for good sleep use darkwake=4

Good luck on your hack.

my config:
i7 5930k
GA-X99P-sli
DDR4 ripjaws 32 Gb (4x8)
512 SSD Samsung 850Pro (10.11.6)
512 NVMExpress Samsung 950Pro (win10)
GA-GTX-980ti 6GB
NH-D15S Cpu Fan
PSU SS-1200XP
Bt-dongle 4.0

I have the x99p-SLI fully operational on 10.12.2, with a 6950x and all is working well.

The USB-c is working, albeit incredibly slow. (though the only device i have tested so far is a usb-c jump drive) I have yet to try the apple TB3-TB2 adaptor to see if thunderbolt is functioning as it should. Does anyone else have usb-c and/or TB3/TB2 working on this board?

Last edited:
Just got this board with an e5-2697v5 and 64gb ram. Going to try hacking as well! How's the TB3 situation?

Does anyone have with Geekbench scores being halved after sleep. I have a xenon e5 2658 v3. No issues in windows. Or can some provide me their efi folder with bios settings. Please

I'm trying to install Sierra 12.4 right now on this same motherboard, but am having no luck. I'm a first time hackintosher too... Would anyone mind sharing with me their BIOS settings and Clover configurations? Possibly EFI folder? I'm just trying to figure this out.... Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back