Contribute
Register

Gigabyte-x99p-sli-gets-thunderbolt-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Usal I've bought this motherboard GA-X99P-Sli it's very sturdy and well built but no luck for now,
I've tried "El Cap" and "Yose" via Clover with the last version and many tries with unibeast 6.2 but for now .... :banghead:

EDIT: Now it's working and very promising

Last edited:
Hi Usal I've bought this motherboard GA-X99P-Sli it's very sturdy and well built but no luck for now,
I've tried "El Cap" and "Yose" via Clover with the last version and many tries with unibeast 6.2 but for now .... :banghead:

I'm also very interested in the X99P-SLI. How'd you get it working?

Hi, I'm planing to build a system like yours. Could you tell us a bit more ? What does work ? Clover, Multibeast ? Yosemite, El Capitan ?
Thanks.

Bump.... How...?

I made a hackintosh with this board ( GA-X99P-SLI ), everything is working. sleep ist not solid as it should. on boot I cant see thunderbolt is detected, but cant see it in system profiler.
NVMe SSD ist working with nvmegenetic kext but I cant manage to boot from it. I get a timeout KP, maybe anybody has an idea.

post-28243-0-77608400-1464090027.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm trying for a while now to get OS X on this Motherboard running, but I'm still stuck at the "PCI configuration begin" thingy...
I almost had no hope, but know that some people got it running on this board, tips would be highly appreciated... :) Right now I have a Xeon E5-2670 v3, 4 sticks of ram with 8gb each, an NVMe SSD and a Titan X installed... I'm trying everything I can find on the web, but haven't succeeded yet. :-/

Greetings!

I'm also using GA-X99P-SLI with a NVMe SSD Samsung 950 Pro. Any suggestions about Setup and Boot using MultiBeast?

Hi, I'm planing to build a system like yours. Could you tell us a bit more ? What does work ? Clover, Multibeast ? Yosemite, El Capitan ?
Thanks.
@rackam_blue and others Sorry for the late answer: now it's 99% working, it will remain only the usb c to solve that it's my next quest.
I used Clover to build the hack, pretty solid, you can fix on the fly the kexts run on your system without compromising the S/L/E folder. My most annoying issue was from the OsxAptio memory fix problem during the boot process solved by useful info founded on clover sourceforge community https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackin...relocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/. Once fixed, the majority of clover guides for Haswell-e are valid.

@cyonix for good sleep use darkwake=4

Good luck on your hack.

my config:
i7 5930k
GA-X99P-sli
DDR4 ripjaws 32 Gb (4x8)
512 SSD Samsung 850Pro (10.11.6)
512 NVMExpress Samsung 950Pro (win10)
GA-GTX-980ti 6GB
NH-D15S Cpu Fan
PSU SS-1200XP
Bt-dongle 4.0

Last edited:
Hi Webshiver,

Thanks for your reply but you didn't tell us whitch os you are using.
Yosemite, El capitan, Sierra ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back