Register

Gigabyte X79 UD3 - Installation and Post Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great great job
I have a similar machine and works well whith ML

Gracias compadre

Dear All,

I am in urgent need of some help with a new build. I can get installed and boot with Unibeast USB no problem:)

However once I use multibeast and remove the Unibeast install USB I get:

boot0: error

I have tried both solutions listed in the forums with no luck:(

Anybody have any ideas?
Maybe I am getting a step wrong somewhere?

Update: Apologies- I found a third solution which worked:)

Spang

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. Yep i've tried everything I can find. If I add the dsdt attached in this guide the system will not boot - not sure why. Booting -v system hangs at:

MAC Framework successfully initialised
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Any updates on this? I'm gettitng the exact same problem !

EDIT:
Nevermind!
got everything working without DSDT!
needed to install voodoo (latest version) and patched AppleHDA.kext and everything works perfectly! even says "line out rear (green)" / Line out front (green) etc etc!

sleep worked with sleepenabler.kext!

love this hackintosh!!

Hello and thank you for your tuto.

But i have a problem. I have no sound ?

Can you help me ?

Sorry for my english but i'am french

MAJ : The sound is work but it is not very very good. If anyone as a better solution.

But I have a new problem my USB don't work can you help me ?

change npci=0x3000 by npci=0x2000

This is for machines have nvidia.

sound and network works!

I have a x79 ud3 i7 3820 16 gb nvidia gtx 660

with npci=0x3000 audio and network don't work

with npci=0x2000 all work!

follow the guide and change npci=0x2000

Dear All,

I am in urgent need of some help with a new build. I can get installed and boot with Unibeast USB no problem:)

However once I use multibeast and remove the Unibeast install USB I get:

boot0: error

I have tried both solutions listed in the forums with no luck:(

Anybody have any ideas?
Maybe I am getting a step wrong somewhere?

Update: Apologies- I found a third solution which worked:)

Spang

Your Drive needs this:
Boot with UNIBeast and Select UNIBeast not the HardDrive also make sure you are in SATA-0 it is the White Bottom Connector to the Right
enter -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No (NVidia) or Yes(ATI) only choose No or Yes don't type the other stuff.
At the ML Install Continue and then select DiskUtility
Select the Boot Device and UNMOUNT it
Exit Disk Utility
Goto Terminal
Type Diskutil List

Double Check to see the ID of your Boot Drive usually disk0s2 if not just make a note of what the last entry is ie:disk12s2 if you get this though you are in the wrong SATA Port.

Now type exactly:
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Make sure there is a space between boot1h and of= this is data dump if=input file of=output file to rewrite your sector values.
Boot0 Snafu for newer drives and 4k sector size.

Ok so I have the UD3 Board and I ported over from my install on a P9X79Pro ASUS board. I had things working ok on the ASUS but I couldn't get audio going there since the chipset isn't supported, so I wanted to try out the X79-UD3. It is actually more stable on the UD3 with my install right out of the other system.

I used the VoodooTSCSync.kext to enable 12 Cores and the <key>SMcputype</key> <string>1281</string>. Now I still can't get audio going on the UD3. I am pretty good at this stuff too I have just been out of the loop on MultiBeast updates.

I used EasyBeast on the P9X79Pro with the VoodooTSCSync.kext and these settings ported over. So should I just delete the VoodooTSCSync.kext and use the DSDT?

I have the X79-UD3 REV 1.0 board on F11 BIOS. Will this DSDT even work for me?

I have hosed my system so many times now I decided to post lol... I have so many programs installed that I backed up my drive and I am testing on the backup to see how to jump to a better solution with audio. I use a USB Sabrent Audio jack and it works great just Plug n Play, but I really want the onboard to work.

Thanks for any suggestions...

Not sure how you guys are getting things to boot without CPUS=1 initially. And I tried to get this DSDT working even from a fresh install. I get hung up at: MAC Framework Successfully initialized using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers.

At that point I can't even boot back in with my UNIBeast -X and save it.

I used a UNIBeast USB created with 10.8.5 as my fresh install too. MultiBeast 5.5.2 was used also. Not sure if this has anything to do with it...

So I just used the EasyBeast method and I kept the VoodooTSCSync.kext with the SMcputype 1281 key entered.

I just upgraded my GTX670 to the GTX780 on 10.8.4 with no changes necessary. Make sure you change your BIOS to Legacy instead of EFI priority for the graphics slot. The 780 will hang on post. Just swapped back the 670 changed the setting and reinstalled the 780 and booted like a champ.

Here are my CineBench scores. There is NO Overclocking on my system at all, I even run 1333 but I may test at 1600 also. DSDT could help these scores I am sure, stable so far though, so it's all good as far as I am concerned!

I also got Premiere CS6 to see the CUDA Cores of the GTX 780 with the GPU Sniffer and Adobe config file edit workaround. Lists it as Mercury Playback!

Attachments

• GTX780NotOC.png
    GTX780NotOC.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 279
Just want to say thanks to the OP for posting the info on this board! I was just about to give up before I found this post LOL. But got it up and running great and everything seems to work. :thumbup:

My Cinebench results are in the pic. Not sure why the CPU is so low, but i'll keep working on it.

Cinebench.jpg

So I just used the EasyBeast method and I kept the VoodooTSCSync.kext with the SMcputype 1281 key entered.

immapc where did you find this .kext with SMcputype 1281 key and is it just installed with kextbeast?

Also how did you get your cuda cores running or how do you check to see if they are running?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: Got cuda installed and working, but can't find the .kext anywhere. I did find where to add the SMcputype 1281 key but is the 1281 just for your CPU or any Intel CPU? Mine is the 3820.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back