radeon hd 5870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

Sorry for my english, I am from France. It' the first Pc build I have ever done. I have several Apple computers from 1982...a long time.

I finish to build my hackintosh today, using the Official CustoMac Pro 2010 install Guide for Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-2.0-FA DSDT from MacMan. I have a rev 1 motherboard and everything is near ok.

I just have to install the kexts with Multibeast one by one.

I find a way to make a wifi connection know to SL as Airport extrem with a D-Link DWA 547, on the net : http://www.darwinx86.net/forum/13-tutoriaux/857-tuto-du-wifi-en-32-et-64-bits-dlink-dwa-547.

My problem is about RAM : I have 6GB installed, and only 4 GB are know by Snow Leopard. Is there a solution to use the 6GB ?

I'am not sure that I can boot from the HDD without the CD IBoot.

Also, I'd like to know how to install a second drive with Seven, without changing the Bios ?

If someone can explain me how to save the elements of my hackintosh to share on the DSDT Database, I'll be glad to do it.

Thanks to all of you for your posts on this forum.

GA-X58A-UD3R Core i7 930 6GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 1GB

Pyke said:
Hello,

Sorry for my english, I am from France. It' the first Pc build I have ever done. I have several Apple computers from 1982...a long time.

I finish to build my hackintosh today, using the Official CustoMac Pro 2010 install Guide for Gigabyte X58A-UD3R-2.0-FA DSDT from MacMan. I have a rev 1 motherboard and everything is near ok.

I just have to install the kexts with Multibeast one by one.

I find a way to make a wifi connection know to SL as Airport extrem with a D-Link DWA 547, on the net : http://www.darwinx86.net/forum/13-tutoriaux/857-tuto-du-wifi-en-32-et-64-bits-dlink-dwa-547.

My problem is about RAM : I have 6GB installed, and only 4 GB are know by Snow Leopard. Is there a solution to use the 6GB ?

I'am not sure that I can boot from the HDD without the CD IBoot.

Also, I'd like to know how to install a second drive with Seven, without changing the Bios ?

If someone can explain me how to save the elements of my hackintosh to share on the DSDT Database, I'll be glad to do it.

Thanks to all of you for your posts on this forum.

GA-X58A-UD3R Core i7 930 6GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 1GB

If you have a rev 1 motherboard, then you should use the rev 1 DSDT for F5 or F6 BIOS and make sure you update your board BIOS to match. The rev.2 board DSDT will not work well with the rev 1 board. Otherwise, you should have no problems, just follow the procedure.
The iBoot disk limits you to VGA and 4Gb of ram. After you install the bootloader to your HD and boot from the HD, your 6 Gb will be available.
To install Win7 on another drive, connect it to the port it will be on later, unplug the SL HD and the ethernet lan cable and install Win7 just like it is the only drive. Then install the internet security suite (firewall, antivirus,etc.) of your choice and only then connect the ethernet lan cable and go online and download/install all of the updates. Once you have rebooted, shutdown and booted back up from a power off state and no updates are still loading/initializing, shut down, reconnect your SL HD, and boot to the BIOS. Set the SL HD as first HD in boot order and continue boot. At the chameleon prompt, you have 1 second to hit any key to stop the timer before it boots SL by default. Hitting any key (I usually use the space bar) stops the timer and lists all drives. Select SL or Win7 and hit enter to boot it up.
Good luck!

Thanks Going Bald,

I follow the procedure as you write in your post, using the DSDT for F5 Bios, and installing the kexts in advanced options : SUCCES.

I can boot from the HDD with 6 GB ram. Everything fine except I have not Wifi. If I install this Kext http://www.darwinx86.net/images/fbfiles/files/AtherosFix.zip, I can see the airport icon, but on reboot I have a freeze of the computer. I don't know how to make the D-Link DWA 547 work.

The system profiler don't see the card in the PCI port;

Thanks again

Pyke said:
Thanks Going Bald,

I follow the procedure as you write in your post, using the DSDT for F5 Bios, and installing the kexts in advanced options : SUCCES.

I can boot from the HDD with 6 GB ram. Everything fine except I have not Wifi. If I install this Kext http://www.darwinx86.net/images/fbfiles/files/AtherosFix.zip, I can see the airport icon, but on reboot I have a freeze of the computer. I don't know how to make the D-Link DWA 547 work.

The system profiler don't see the card in the PCI port;

Thanks again

You're welcome. You might want to start a new thread over in post installation / networking - someone can probably help you on the wifi card. Since I've never used one that didn't come in a Mac, I can't help you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back