i7-5820K
Graphics
Geforce 730
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Hackintosh comprising a Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo, Core i7 950 and 12 GB RAM that I use for music production. My question is whether there is a method for getting the PCI slot to work on this board? I have two Universal Audio DSP cards; the UAD-1 PCI and the UAD-2 PCIe. I would love to be able to use both but only the UAD-2 is available. I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, Lion and Windows 7 64. When I boot into Windows 7 both cards work. Prior to this I had a Gigabyte P35 DS3R and both cards worked fine. Is there a kext available that would enable the PCI slot on this board?

I'm in the same boat with the Gigabyte G67A Board and two UAD-1 PCI cards, did you ever find a solution?

Same here; I'm really missing my UAD-1. Anyone ever figured out how to get this working?

DUH; didn't realize this was my own original post! Still looking...

I finally figured it out; the PCI slot is 32-bit and will not work under a 64-bit kernel!

1. Boot OSX using the arch-i386 boot flag
2. Make sure you have the UAD-1 driver installed
3. UAD-1 should become available

I've gone back and forth a couple of times so I'm pretty sure that this is the issue. I'm in 64-bit mode now and the UAD-1 is not available. I'll up a screenshot later. I'm not sure if running in 32-bit mode will have a negative impact on performance overall but I'm so happy to have Nigel and GateComp back in the fold I could scream! :)

Hey Guys !

I also have a Gigabyte H61M-USB3 Board and my UAD PCI-E is not working :( I´m working under LION. Any ideas ?

Regards Magic

Does anybody know if the UAD2 cards is working on PCI-E port hakintosh ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back