Contribute
Register

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Faster boot available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
I7 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
HD 5770
I got this board along with the rest of the customac.. loving it,but it seems to take alot longer to boot then previous mobo's in the past..(even on old machines) Are there any good settings you guys know for the bios,that can help speed up boot times?

Thanks

metallurgy said:
I got this board along with the rest of the customac.. loving it,but it seems to take alot longer to boot then previous mobo's in the past..(even on old machines) Are there any good settings you guys know for the bios,that can help speed up boot times?

Thanks
What do you have for boot device order? If it's the CD, then swap it to after disk and it will boot faster. Also, do you have quick memory test configured?

Boot order was set to Cd Rom. I'm gonna change that to after hard disc. - I just changed it, yes that helps tremendously. :thumbup:
Sorry no I don't know what quick memory test is yet. I there any good pointers for that?

Thanks alot for the response Mac Man

Fwiw I have it set at 24x 3.20ghz but I think I'll need a class in overclocking,to get it faster.Do you plan on a guide for that for customac? I appreciate ur guide for the installer btw.Once I understood the basic install it's all straight forward.. If there are any for overclocking this beast I'd be happy to try one. :cool:

metallurgy said:
Boot order was set to Cd Rom. I'm gonna change that to after hard disc. - I just changed it, yes that helps tremendously. :thumbup:
Sorry no I don't know what quick memory test is yet. I there any good pointers for that?

Thanks alot for the response Mac Man

Fwiw I have it set at 24x 3.20ghz but I think I'll need a class in overclocking,to get it faster.Do you plan on a guide for that for customac? I appreciate ur guide for the installer btw.Once I understood the basic install it's all straight forward.. If there are any for overclocking this beast I'd be happy to try one. :cool:

Have you had a look in the OverClocking section of the Forum?

Also I've posted a guide that I found that I think goes through OC on i7 processors in a very logical manner and should allow you to safely OC your machine and keep it stable:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7029

Thank's notshy, I will indeed check it out :cool:

You won't get a BIOS as quick as Mac's ones... The Gigabyte's one are longs because they scan HDDs and DVDs at each boot...

Gigabyte boards typically take longer to post than other brands. That's just always how it's been. If you aren't using SATA3 ports, disable them in the bios and you'll see a quicker boot.

Also, don't default to boot from CD...
If/when you need it, you can just select boot priority by hitting F12.

Lnx2Mac said:
Also, don't default to boot from CD...
If/when you need it, you can just select boot priority by hitting F12.
Yes, with that, you'll win a pretty much of time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back