i7 2600
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello i post it this information on another forum but i thought it might help people here, so here is the details, hope it help you;

the purpose of this post is to help others because after updating my gigabyte p67a ud3 b3 from F7 to UEFI i was strugliing with sound but main problem was cpu fan was very slow and after while will stops, so i found temporary fix for this unil gigabyte address this issue in their next release bios.

here is how you do it:

1. for the audio or any other problem format your pc and you will get all issues fixed except cpu fan.

2. CPU fan is very slow and after a while will stops, i configured the bios but no joy and i formated pc few ti,es every time after new installation of windows cpu fan works for about 10 minutes then halt, so here is the fix for this issue

remove the plug of the cpu fan from the mother board it has 4 pin, then plug it to the system fan 1 just right beside the cpu fan socket. note: (system fan 1 socket on the motherboard has 3 pin but do not worry you can plug it to it and works flawlessly, it may be at same speed but it is good until next release bios, for me it works better than the previous bios F7 it may be because it is bit speeder that is why a bit cooler than previous version.

so if your cpu fan's cable is long you can plug it to system fan 2 or power fan it is your choice i believe it will works for other chips and motherboards which have same issue.

UEFI is faster at boot, look nicer, and it has 1 more feature and that is control system fan 2 speed. now i do not have any issue and figurers cross whope gigabyte will release the next bios updatye soon.

hope this help others who stuck and please all of you if you face any pc issues in your daily live and if you found solution then post it here so others will benefits from it, i tried full days and nights but no joy until now i found this solution and im happy and hope you all sort your problems.

Good luck all.
:beachball: :beachball: :beachball:

thanks good to know a ny other problems or benefits
would you reccomend

nige

no problem at all, and if you have problem with usb or something else just insert your dvd came with your motherboard and go to device manager if you see any yellow flag just right click and say update driver and brows it to your dvd drive and will install drivers for you, thats worked for me, or else you can download drivers from the manufacturer website and put them in a folder and again go to device manager and locate your folder.

before i tried to downgrade it just because the cpu fan was not working and temperature was high but now sinice the fans works never go back, its way better, faster, look cool and its like you buy latest model motherboard, for me yes i will recommend it as i do not have any problem with it at all.

go ahead and install it let me know, will explain it, i will try today to install mac os x lion 10.8 dmg file see how it goes :).

installed it for the hell of it
speeds the boot up alot

good luck my friend i think its better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back