Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Thunderbolt 3 Mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALMart, I have the same board. Did you update your BIOS to the new F20 that was released a couple of weeks ago? Ever since I did that I can't boot into Sierra on any drive (USB, SATA, NVMe). Same BIOS settings as before, but after Clover loads and all the ++++ appear on the screen it either hangs or reboots. No errors from the IOAptDrv, and it doesn't appear to have even started to boot Sierra. It's somewhat bricked my install until I can get it sorted. Windows 10 is still fine

AndyC, no I did not upgrade to the F20 firmware. After reading the description, I decided to go with vesrsion F5b. The part about not being able to downgrade scared me off. I don't ever want to be locked in to something I can't revert back. Have you tried to load F5b anyway? Maybe it will work. Worth a shot considering you are partially bricked right now.

AndyC, no I did not upgrade to the F20 firmware. After reading the description, I decided to go with vesrsion F5b. The part about not being able to downgrade scared me off. I don't ever want to be locked in to something I can't revert back. Have you tried to load F5b anyway? Maybe it will work. Worth a shot considering you are partially bricked right now.

Ok, the issue with F20/21 BIOS (F21 came out this week), is that Gigabyte has now locked one of the MSR's so you need to use the KernelPm patch in Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back