Graphics
ATI 5470 mobility
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just to let others know, I have successfully installed Lion 10.7.3 on my Gigabyte Q1105m laptop. here is how I did it:

Used Unibeast USB install. Had to use SL installation, (or Macdrive from Win7 works too) to delete the com.apple.boot.plist file, and replace it with my edited one, that took out the lines that checked for USB keyboard and mouse during install.

------ /system/library/coreservices/setup assistant.app/contents/com.apple boot.plist then copied the kext to my desktop and edited it (right click, show contents) with text editor and saved it back to it's original location. I deleted two lines of text so that I could proceed thru Lion setup.

I deleted

<string>DeviceSelection</string>

and

<string>KeyboardTypeSelection</string> -------

Once thru the install and to the desktop, I used Multibeast and clicked System Utilities, Easy Beast and, VoodooHDA 0.2.56 (audio) and PS2 keyboard and mouse (The other workaround is to use the "view desktop keyboard" to install PS2 mouse/keyboard). The only things not working are the LAN, the WLAN, and WWAN but I use external dongles so no problem. The GMA4500MHD is not recognized, (I only get 1024x768, and it says GMAX3100) but I don't need superior graphics support to read email and browse the web. The one hard thing was getting App Store, and Facetime to recognize I was using an external WiFi dongle, rather than a built in one, as it wasn't allowing me to sign in. There are many tips on the boards on how to solve this issue. BTW, I am dual booting with Win7 32 bit.

The latest Apple update for Airport enabled FaceTime, iMessage, iCloud, and App store on this Hackintosh. Good news as there was previously no workaround for the built in Jmicron fast ethernet 260 adapter. I bought and installed a BCM94322HM8L Broadcom 4322 Half Size WLAN mini-PCI-e card which worked OTB.

I am now running Mountain Lion 10.8.1 on this netbook with no issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back