Contribute
Register

!Gigabyte P67 Sb build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, p67a-ud3 user here, everything seems to be working except cannot get sleep to work. Installed sleepenabler.kext but system does not sleep. Not sure if the problem is due to my MSI R5850 card running 32-bit ATI_init Uakari or something else.

If you have an original disk and have tried different sata ports it seems the culprit is the sata DVD drive itself. Do you have any spares laying around or another computer you could borrow one from? Also make sure you have ahci configured in the bios.

Does anyone know what definition in Multibeast to use? (Mac Pro - 3.1 etc)

My i7-2600k & Gigabyte P67-UD4 shows up as 1.67Mhz.

Not sure if it will effect anything - or even worth changing :)

deckcard said:
Hi, p67a-ud3 user here, everything seems to be working except cannot get sleep to work. Installed sleepenabler.kext but system does not sleep. Not sure if the problem is due to my MSI R5850 card running 32-bit ATI_init Uakari or something else.
Found this problem to be related to HDMI output, using DVI seems to sleep fine

Hi bros,
Here is an update to my previous installation problem.
realised the cause of the problem is my old seagate hdd, have tried to installed to a new WD 640gb hdd and it works.
So i have installed snow leopard 10.6.3 into a 120gb partition i have created on the WD hdd. Followed iboot guide to install comnbo update to 10.6.6, without restart, installed mutibeast, using easybeast, then restart the com. Set the bios to load the WD hdd as first hdd to boot.

However, the screen just stuck at the white apple logo screen without any progress. If i put the iboot legacy dvd into the dvdrom drive to load during computer restart, i got a kernal panic on the com while loading the snow leopard.

Anyone can provide any guidance? thanks in advance!!

mqz512 said:
Hi bros,
Here is an update to my previous installation problem.
realised the cause of the problem is my old seagate hdd, have tried to installed to a new WD 640gb hdd and it works.
So i have installed snow leopard 10.6.3 into a 120gb partition i have created on the WD hdd. Followed iboot guide to install comnbo update to 10.6.6, without restart, installed mutibeast, using easybeast, then restart the com. Set the bios to load the WD hdd as first hdd to boot.

However, the screen just stuck at the white apple logo screen without any progress. If i put the iboot legacy dvd into the dvdrom drive to load during computer restart, i got a kernal panic on the com while loading the snow leopard.

Anyone can provide any guidance? thanks in advance!!

Did you install bridgehelper after multibeast, or just multibeast? It needs the legacy kernel to boot.

opps, looks like i have missed out Bridgehelper.

Now how can I go about solving this problem? Hope it doesnt need me to reformat and retry from step 1 again
thanks!!

fuzzyshubert said:
Did you install bridgehelper after multibeast, or just multibeast? It needs the legacy kernel to boot.

The guide says bridgehelper before multicast, which seems to have worked for me.

opps, looks like i have missed out Bridgehelper.

Now how can I go about solving this problem? Hope it doesnt need me to reformat and retry from step 1 again
thanks!!

Just boot into your installation with iBoot and then run multibeast and bridgehelper. Or just bridgehelper if you already ran multibeast.

I've successfully installed 10.6.6 and everything is running smoothly. However, I noticed that Activity Monitor is only reporting 1 core. Geekbench sees 4 cores, but reports the processor frequency as 1.27 GHz (as does About This Mac after updating with OSX86 Tools). Should I be concerned about this. My Geekbench score was around 11500 and that was with several applications running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back