Contribute
Register

!Gigabyte P67 Sb build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
maleorderbride, to you I give great thanks as to the sound correction with the busratio. I have clear sound now. That was the thing that was driving me crazy as well as spending many hours reloading a fresh install with one change to see if I could get the sound to work. Again thanks also to everyone else working on all the corrections to get this Sandy Bridge up and working.

Does anyone have the P67-UD3P ?

I have one. I have tried a lot gigabytes p67 boards trying to get the sound to work and all loaded osx fine except the sound. I just did the busratio=29 that maleorderbride said to do and the sound works and the mouse stuttering stopped. I am returning it as my main board that I have working now is the p67a-ud7. However the p67a-ud3p worked as well. Although it is packed up for return I assume the sound issue would be corrected on it as the busratio=29 corrected my Asus p67 board as well. The ud3p has the alc292 rather than the alc289 but maleorderbride has the ud3 and he is the one that said that the sound issue corrected with the reset of the busratio=29 which works.

Thanks. I really wish I could fine the specs for S/N ratio on the 892 vs. the 889. The 888 S/N ration was much lower (under 100) so I've always avoided that one. But there are no spec's anywhere to be found for the 892. It's just the UD5 and especially the 7 are way overkill for me. I'll never have more than one video card. I'm not completely sold on Sandy Bridge but getting close

Now that the sound and mouse stuttering are resolved, I am happy with Sandy Bridge. Especially with Tonymac's install and the updated iboot legacy and the updated bridgehelper, and multibeast, both gigabyte and asus boards load the operating system and like I said the sound issue is resolved on all boards for me. BTW the ud3p has the better sound version of the 892 and the board itself feels more solid than the ud3. Good luck if you go forward.

jherbert16 said:
Now that the sound and mouse stuttering are resolved, I am happy with Sandy Bridge. Especially with Tonymac's install and the updated iboot legacy and the updated bridgehelper, and multibeast, both gigabyte and asus boards load the operating system and like I said the sound issue is resolved on all boards for me. BTW the ud3p has the better sound version of the 892 and the board itself feels more solid than the ud3. Good luck if you go forward.

Out of interest, would you be so kind as to outline your install process and what you used? Kit has arrived!

I booted with the current updated iboot legacy from Tonymac. I have my snow leopard install disk on a usb drive and booted verbose. I also have used the install disk itself so either one worked. I followed the install once it came up. and when it finished, I rebooted using the iboot legacy disk and followed the personal info and naming computer and password. Once in OSX ran the 10.6.6 combo update but when finished did not reboot. I then ran the the revised bridgehelper from Tonymac, did not reboot, then ran multibeast. I used the easy install, not the dsdt,. Under audio Realtek alc8xx I checked alc8xxhda, applehda rollback and under non-dsdt hda enabler with my ud7 board I used alc 889. The ud3 board has alc 892 so for it I chose the alc892. So whatever alc sound is on your board choose it. Under graphics and enablers, I had to use ATY_init Vervet for my nvidia 480 to have acceleration. For some reason on the gigabyte boards, nvEnabler did not work. Under Miscellaneous I chose the usb3 as my board has that. I then hit the intstall button. If at any time multibeast closes unexpectedly, as it always did, just hit ignore and reopen it and chose went checked the choices I just outlined. hit install and then rebooted and when the chameleon interface came up, ran verbose and it booted fine each time. I like to boot verbose to watch the boot up but do not have to once all installed. For the network I then installed my downloaded copy of Lnx2Mac RealtekRTL81xx Driver and rebooted and under system preferences went to network which then added the ethernet. For my nvidia card then I ran the tonymac nvidia update and rebooted.

Everything worked but the sound was crackly and mouse stuttered. maleorderbride posted the correction for this. reboot and go into the bios setup and set the cpu busratio to 29. when you then boot, at the chameleon interface type in busratio=29 and sound should be working fine and no mouse stutter.

Each time you boot though, for the sound and mouse stutter, you have to boot with busratio=29. I am sure the guys will have an automatic correction for that soon but this is what I do for now.

This install works for my p67 asus mother boards also. For some reason did not need the video enabler for the asus boards.

Wow thanks for posting this! My P8P67 Pro is usable but with bad mouse stutter. I will definitely have to try the busratio thing. Also, couldn't you put "busratio=29" as a kernel flag in com.Apple.boot.plist?

Hi,

this "busratio=29" thing - does this affect overclocking?
I hope it has nothing to do with the CPU multiplier?

I plan to build a system based on 2600K @4.8 on Asus or Gigabyte.
Too bad the ud3p has no Firewire (need it for my audio interface). Would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back