Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just put together a Gigabyte P55-USB3 with an Inte Dual Core i5 processor and installed the RealtekRTL81xx_0.0.67 kext and it works beautifully with the inboard ethernet. This is fantastic! :clap: :clap: :clap: to all of you!

Thanks all!

Juan

Khan said:
Just put together a Gigabyte P55-USB3 with an Inte Dual Core i5 processor and installed the RealtekRTL81xx_0.0.67 kext and it works beautifully with the inboard ethernet. This is fantastic! :clap: :clap: :clap: to all of you!

Thanks all!

Juan
:headbang:

just assembled the the followed system together as my first HACKINTOSH and I have LAN driver issue.

hardware list:
-GA-P55-USB3 (Rev 2.0). Bios = F6
-i5_750 CPU
-Nvidia 9500GT.
-4GB Corsair

Using iboot + Retail 10.6.3 as installation...when through very smooth and thanks to tonymacx86 for the wonderful job. My hats off to you and the team.

After installed successfully, the one and only thing that DOES NOT work is my on-board LAN as the Hackintosh is NOT recognizing. According to Gigabyte it is identified in the manual as Realtek8111E.

-can you tell me where to download the kext you mentioned?

Next, I ran combo 10.6.4 update and NOT rebooting as instructed and then launched multibeast 2.3.0. The followings are what I discovered.

-Many options under multibeast are GREYED out.
-The Realtek (kexT) under multibeast is also GREYED out...

-I've installed Realtek1000.kext and RealtekSL1000 kext and both gave me no LAN.
-I've installed drivers from REALTEK for OSX 10.6.x recently release and it is still NO LAN.

This system is currently dual boot and I had windows 7 running on it. In the device manager, and PROPERTIEs of the "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" under service it is identified as RTL8167. Inf section = RTL8168E.ndi

could it be that my MOBO is actually containing the 8168 instead of 8111E?

Please

ijhu said:
just assembled the the followed system together as my first HACKINTOSH and I have LAN driver issue.

hardware list:
-GA-P55-USB3 (Rev 2.0). Bios = F6
-i5_750 CPU
-Nvidia 9500GT.
-4GB Corsair

Using iboot + Retail 10.6.3 as installation...when through very smooth and thanks to tonymacx86 for the wonderful job. My hats off to you and the team.

After installed successfully, the one and only thing that DOES NOT work is my on-board LAN as the Hackintosh is NOT recognizing. According to Gigabyte it is identified in the manual as Realtek8111E.

-can you tell me where to download the kext you mentioned?

Next, I ran combo 10.6.4 update and NOT rebooting as instructed and then launched multibeast 2.3.0. The followings are what I discovered.

-Many options under multibeast are GREYED out.
-The Realtek (kexT) under multibeast is also GREYED out...

-I've installed Realtek1000.kext and RealtekSL1000 kext and both gave me no LAN.
-I've installed drivers from REALTEK for OSX 10.6.x recently release and it is still NO LAN.

This system is currently dual boot and I had windows 7 running on it. In the device manager, and PROPERTIEs of the "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller" under service it is identified as RTL8167. Inf section = RTL8168E.ndi

could it be that my MOBO is actually containing the 8168 instead of 8111E?

Please
RTL8168 == RTL8111E

Thanks MACMAN.

I'll try the Linux to MAC kext tonight, if does not work, then reinstall 10.6.3 then try the same kext again. just to eliminate the possibility Multibeast + Combo being the caused.

Please advise, if there is something I should be trying too.

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/09/lnx ... -goes.html is where I downloaded the Realtek kext. I installed it using KextBeast and it worked for me. Maybe after installing so many realtek kexts you need a clean install again? It is only a guess. I am no expert at all on this installs.

Juan

Khan said:
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/09/lnx2macs-realtek-rtl81xx-driver-goes.html is where I downloaded the Realtek kext. I installed it using KextBeast and it worked for me. Maybe after installing so many realtek kexts you need a clean install again? It is only a guess. I am no expert at all on this installs.

Juan
No need for clean install...

Just make sure to remove the following (if found):
/Extra/IONetworkingFamily.kext
/Extra/RealtekR1000.kext
/Extra/RealtekR1000SL.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekR1000SL.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RealtekR1000.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RealtekR1000SL.kext

Thanks lnx2mac for you answer. It is good to know in case of future trouble or installs.

Juan :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back