Contribute
Register

Gigabyte P55 BIOS Updates - 2010-02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Latest Gigabyte P55 BIOS Updates - 2010-02

kordic said:
I noticed that a DSDT has not been submitted for the GA-P55-USB3 yet.
I've attached one using the directions. Bios version is F4.

So funny- I just got one yesterday and haven't done it up yet. Will do later today. ;)

tonymacx86 said:
kordic said:
I noticed that a DSDT has not been submitted for the GA-P55-USB3 yet.
I've attached one using the directions. Bios version is F4.

So funny- I just got one yesterday and haven't done it up yet. Will do later today. ;)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Public/DSDT-GA-P55-USB3-F4.aml :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Happy testing! :thumbup:

MacMan said:
The SATA reporting as ESB2 is correct. Hopefully once 10.6.3 is released we can get it to be reported as "5 Series Chipset" which is what an iMac i5/i7 reports.

Did you remember to remove the unnecessary kexts in /Extra/Extensions and in "System Preferences" "Energy Saver" check "Start up automatically after a power failure"?

I get KP at boot as soon as I remove NullCPUPowerManagement (removing IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector works fine).

gpfeiffer said:
MacMan said:
The SATA reporting as ESB2 is correct. Hopefully once 10.6.3 is released we can get it to be reported as "5 Series Chipset" which is what an iMac i5/i7 reports.

Did you remember to remove the unnecessary kexts in /Extra/Extensions and in "System Preferences" "Energy Saver" check "Start up automatically after a power failure"?

I get KP at boot as soon as I remove NullCPUPowerManagement (removing IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector works fine).

You must not have the DSDT in the right spot, or it's not named correctly- you must name it DSDT.aml, and if you have RC4, it belongs in /Extra. Good luck!

tonymacx86 said:
gpfeiffer said:
MacMan said:

You must not have the DSDT in the right spot, or it's not named correctly- you must name it DSDT.aml, and if you have RC4, it belongs in /Extra. Good luck!
I don't think that is it. DSDT file name and location are fine.
BTW, I am using the AsereBLN 1.19 boot file.

Attachments

• Folders.jpg
    Folders.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 159

Hmm, you'll need a Theme in /Extra to get the Chameleon GUI, but that wouldn't cause KP, also, your signature says GA-P55M-UD3P - there is no such board- are you sure you used the correct DSDT? They are motherboard specific.

tonymacx86 said:
Hmm, you'll need a Theme in /Extra to get the Chameleon GUI, but that wouldn't cause KP, also, your signature says GA-P55M-UD3P - there is no such board- are you sure you used the correct DSDT? They are motherboard specific.
Sorry about the typo. My board is GA-P55A-UD3P.
I booted in verbose mode and the message for KP is:
'No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly....'
Thx

Hi Tony,
Here's my DSDT per your instructions for my GA-P55A-UD4P. Bios F8 After a lot of trial and error I got my machine up and running in January thanks to your guides. It doesn't recognize a PCI Express card that connects to an external video capture/playback box. I'm trying Multibeast to see if I missed anything. Thanks in advance for updating the DSDT.

David

Attachments

• GA-P55A-UD4P.dsl
    215.2 KB · Views: 126

thelostswede said:
You've turned off HPET, or put in 32-bit mode, check the BIOS under Power Management Setup
Checked the BIOS, HPET is turned on and set to 64-bit mode.
I found with kextstat that AppleHPET.kext does not load. According to http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196771
not loading AppleHPET and removing NullCPUPowerManagement causes KP.
Looks like my DSDT needs to be tweaked so that AppleHPET will load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back