Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys, I've heard some bad things about Gigabyte on a Polish x86 Forum. But in here everyone suggests Gigabyte motherboards, I'm confused. Can someone tell me why they don't like Gigabyte?

my first hackintosh was on Gigabyte motherboards - you can run your hack on Gigabyte too, but simply there are better solutions...
when you are aware of what you are using and what it is doing, you will know the answer

I have a Gigabyte motherboard and cannot complain in the least.

Have a look at the DSDT database here http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt.php and you will see that these boards are well supported (best pick a board from that list, so mostly nothing can go wrong then...mostly ;)

I have one too! First time pc builder and it hasn't given me any problems! :p

Thom4s said:
Hi Guys, I've heard some bad things about Gigabyte on a Polish x86 Forum. But in here everyone suggests Gigabyte motherboards, I'm confused. Can someone tell me why they don't like Gigabyte?

I have only used Gigabyte motherboards for some time now and they have not given me any problems. My Windows PC uses a GA-Z68XP-UD3R and my Mac PC uses an older GA-EP45-UD3L. Both work great.

Thom4s said:
Don't know what their issue could be. No issues here. :thumbup:

My Gigabyte mobo has survived to memory sktick put in backwards, smoke and burned socket and everything, still running ok and overclocking the memory. I think that says something about building quality of Gigabyte. I also had asus, but had some troubles with them, none with Gigabyte.

Gigabyte used to be expensive in my experience. If the price is worth it for you, go for it. ASUS is expensive sometimes as well.

My build features the GA-Z68X-UD3H board, and it's one of the most beautiful and best boards I've ever seen. It cost me $160. I think it's worth it.

A lot of the older ones were generally unstable, blew capticitors, and blew up. I have seen a lot like this. Recent years no reason, but if it was crap once, it always will be.

Some time ago, some company stole capacitor formula from a Japanese company... and then made caps and sold to motherboard makers... result... blown capacitors after a few years. (turns out the capacitor formula wasn't final yet). I had 2 AOPEN motherboards that had this blown cap problem. I think other motherboard makers (also Dell) got hit with this problem too. ... it became obvious who bought the tainted capacitors. Now, you see mobos being advertised as having "Japanese capacitors". -- hopefully to put consumers at ease... hoping this capacitor plague won't happen again.

http://spectrum.ieee.org/computing/hard ... therboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back