Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH Mobo with Thunderbolt 3
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 950 Windforce
Hi,

I have built a new Hackintosh Intel Core i7 6700K,

Gigabyte GTX 950 Windforce,
following both the buyers and Sierra installation guide.

After installing the most up to date drivers for my Nvidia GTX 950 and trying all the fixes given online i'm still having no success.

When I select the option in clover boot up to use internet webdrivers the system fails to boot and restarts..

Please can someone save me.....?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I have built a new Hackintosh Intel Core i7 6700K, following both the buyers and Sierra installation guide.

After installing the most up to date drivers for my Nvidia GTX 950 and trying all the fixes given online i'm still having no success.

When I select the option in clover boot up to use internet webdrivers the system fails to boot and restarts..

Please can someone save me.....?

Thanks

Make sure the boot flag nvda_drv=1 is set when booting. You can do this my typing at the clover boot screen or using clover configurator to add to your config.

Make sure the boot flag nvda_drv=1 is set when booting. You can do this my typing at the clover boot screen or using clover configurator to add to your config.

Hi thanks for your reply..

I took your advice but Unfortunately I'm still faced with the same issue :(

I have a 460 GTX and the best thing that worked for me was removing the web drivers, installing cuda drivers, and Nvidia Injection (clover configurator). I didn't have to use nvda_drv=1 and I have full resolution, qt/blah and no issues.

What do you have your system definition set to? Mine was doing the exact same thing until I changed my system definition to iMac 13,1. My build is an older SandyBridge 2600k, but I started with a gtx 950 as well. My 390x didn't want to play ball with Sierra :/

Edit: I forgot to mention that using clover configurator to enable the web drivers DOES NOT work with Sierra. So you should have followed the instructions that were linked above by emjay96. This is what that part of my config.plist looks like.

</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Last edited:
What do you have your system definition set to? Mine was doing the exact same thing until I changed my system definition to iMac 13,1. My build is an older SandyBridge 2600k, but I started with a gtx 950 as well. My 390x didn't want to play ball with Sierra :/

Edit: I forgot to mention that using clover configurator to enable the web drivers DOES NOT work with Sierra. So you should have followed the instructions that were linked above by emjay96. This is what that part of my config.plist looks like.

</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

Use iMac 13,2.

Use iMac 13,2.
To get the 390x working? Or just in general? It's working fine with 13,1. I just assumed that as old as I could go and still have it work would be best since I'm on SandyBridge. I was able to get my 390x working in Sierra, but that required me to turn on onboard intel hd 3000 graphics. I had to have my HDMI cable plugged into the onboard during boot, and then I could swap the HDMI to the 390x and it would work. It was just too much of a hassle for me so I went with two 950s I had laying around in SLI. I know SLI doesn't work in MacOS, but it does in windows and I'm dual booting. After I sell the 390x I'll get something else.

To get the 390x working? Or just in general? It's working fine with 13,1. I just assumed that as old as I could go and still have it work would be best since I'm on SandyBridge. I was able to get my 390x working in Sierra, but that required me to turn on onboard intel hd 3000 graphics. I had to have my HDMI cable plugged into the onboard during boot, and then I could swap the HDMI to the 390x and it would work. It was just too much of a hassle for me so I went with two 950s I had laying around in SLI. I know SLI doesn't work in MacOS, but it does in windows and I'm dual booting. After I sell the 390x I'll get something else.

Wait you're profile says 950. iMac 13,1 390x should work fine with Sierra for nvidia Graphics you will get away with using iMac 13,2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back