Contribute
Register

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB SUCCESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i3-6320
Graphics
GTX 750
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB Mountain Lion SUCCESS

After 12 hour "Monte carlo" method Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB i succesfully install this card.

First of all sorry for my english im from slovakia, thanks

Some Tips for install:
During all this step you must switch VGA output manually between hdmi and dvi cable (if you see screen without action just try change cable output and you can see is installation still running ok):)
-1ST boot unibeast with flags: PCIRootUID=0 -v this help me to run ML installation screen
-2ST boot to unibeast but choice ML partition to boot to ending installation again with flags PCIRootUID=0 -v
- After successfully install ML on 2ST boot first thing before restart i clone this partition with super duper to another partition (you can try now multibeast and anytime boot from unibeast to this partition to clone it back if multibeast crashed your install)

Multibeast problems:
-Multibeast 5.0.2 dont work for me at first time, at second, third, four not working too :) boot freeze on grey screen all time
-So i try 4.6.1 and try ma DSDT.aml again with checked option 3RD SATA support - after restart no grey screen, but commpletly black now :) but i hear that hdd still starting ML so i was again try Multibeast 5.0.2 but now without dsdt.aml, i was check only GraphicsEnabler=No in Multibeast boot option and install, after multibeast was done i dont restart and install newest chimera singly
This is no tutorial only my remembering of this monte carlo success install :)
May be i was checked PCIRootUID fix option in multi beast in som step

I dont know if all option are now applied because if you are running multibeast with dsdt.aml is old option reseting? Did know this anyone?

Anyway much more and helpfull option for me in multibeast was try this all option one after one:
multibeast 3RD SATA support option
multibeast PCIRootUID fix option
multibeast GraphicsEnabler=0 option

And again - if you see "freeze screen" but you hear hdd working, just switch monitor from hdmi to dvi or contrary

May be my notes help to someone so i attached it here
DSC00574.jpg

My Hackintosh spec
Motherboard - GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
CPU - Intel Core i5-2380P 3.09 GHz, Socket 1155 Sandy Bridge
HDD - WD Velociraptor 320 GB 10.000 rpm 7 Watts
VGA - Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB DDR3 (GV-N6400C-2GI rev.1.0) Kepler GK107
(VGA before Nvidia GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 not working for me in ML)
RAM - 2x4 GB 1333 MHz
Audio - Realtek ALC889
LAN - Realtek RTL8111E
USB 3.0 - Fresco FL1009 chip
Power - Super Flower SF-550P14XE
Case - Lian Li PC-Q08 Black
King Mod Premium Dampening Kit - Lian Li PC-Q08
DSC00576.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-08-16 at 1.20.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-08-16 at 1.20.55 PM.png

Hey man I'm having the same problem mine will boot but not OpenGL only sees 3mb and ideas/ could you post your s/l/e

It is important for you to have a working DSDT and it will work - I am attaching my DSDT, if you look inside you will see how I have registered my graphics card under PEGP and GFX0 sections ... do not use my DSDT it will probably not work on your board, but just try to implement the changes into yours the same as they stand in mine and you should be good to go. I too can confirm Gigabyte GT640 2GB DDR3 OC'd as fully working under 10.8.2 even with HDMI Audio

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 952
Have you made any changes to the original Kexts of 10.8 - also important to know if you are running 10.8, 10.8.1 or 10.8.2 - 10.8.2 supports the card out of the box, has to be all original kexts boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, if you are unable to boot after 10.8.2 upgrade, replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext and the IntelCPUPowerManagement kext (there are two) with either from 10.8 or 10.8.1 and you should be back and able to boot normal into 10.8.2 - if nothing is a go, I recommend to just move your DSDT out of the Extra folder or delete it, because if you had previously an older nvidia card activated via the DSDT it will confuse the GT640 and cause the aforementioned malfunctions, I had to change my DSDT quite a bit as I upgraded from GT240 to GT640, they are quite different.

Well thats simple - did you make changes to any of the kexts since you installed OS X 10.8.2 - if so - which kexts did you change? I always keep a record on each update/install which kexts I had to change. If you did not change any kexts, just backup your DSDT somewhere and delete it from your Extra folder and reboot with GraphicsEnabler=No and you should get full resolution / acceleration if not, you may have to update your BIOS / UEFI and it will work then.

I'm about to get a GeForce GT 640 for my first hackintosh. Would you recommend it?
As this is my first time, I would like to get something easy to be configured.

Would you recommend the EVGA or Gigabyte?
Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back