Contribute
Register

gigabyte no sound hackintosh..HELP PLEASE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a GA-H55M-UD2H MOB0
I5 PROC
LG DVD drive
1 tb Seagate HD

I’m having a problem with audio and hackintosh coming from sleep..
This is my first build, thanks in advance for all the information you’ve provided thus far.
However, I’m having this huge problem. I can’t get any sound from my build, since updating to 10.6.5.
It worked on 10.6.3 at first install. However, since the 10.6.5 update I can’t get the sound to work. HELP ME PLEASE..so cloe yet so far..

rastaman said:
I have a GA-H55M-UD2H MOB0
I5 PROC
LG DVD drive
1 tb Seagate HD

I’m having a problem with audio and hackintosh coming from sleep..
This is my first build, thanks in advance for all the information you’ve provided thus far.
However, I’m having this huge problem. I can’t get any sound from my build, since updating to 10.6.5.
It worked on 10.6.3 at first install. However, since the 10.6.5 update I can’t get the sound to work. HELP ME PLEASE..so cloe yet so far..

Delete any old sound kexts. Then use multibeast to install your DSDT and select system utilities alongside MacMan's ALC8xx and appleHDA rollback under kexts. Every time you update your system most likely your modified appleHDA got overwritten and you need the rollback for it to work correctly.

No cigar. I did all outlined and bust..nothing..any other ideas...please..that's the only thing missing from my future with hackintosh...

Scraping the barrel ... do you have either LegacyHDA in /extra/extensions or VoodooHDA in system/library/extensions ... these also need to be removed.

Another scrape .. For some reason when I was setting the ALC8xxlHDA sound driver, it didn't work the first time the system rebooted but did on the second reboot - success is when the relevant devices, like line out and digital out, show up in audio midi setup (applications/utilities)

Third scrape... did you install with a DSDT, if not you need to also install the relevant Non-DSDT HDAEnabler in MultiBeast

BTW - I'm at the stage where I am able to get sound to work in 2 channel but can't get it to pump out to an amp in 5.1 digital via the digital out on a GA H55M USB3 motherboard

I'm also not able to get my digital out working with my surround sound. It's available in the system preferences but when I click on it my sound is grayed out. In system preferences it says: "The selected device has no output controls"

Here are the Kexts and DSDT that I've setup so far:

DSDT from Tonymacx database: Gigabyte F11 DSDT for GA-H55M-USB3

Multibeast options:

UserDSDT Install
System utilities
Audio ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA RollBack
Disk IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
JMicron36x SATA
JMicron36x ATA
Fake SMC
Fake SMC Plugins
USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas
Voodoo PS/2 Controller
Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Prerelease
64-Bit Apple Boot Screen
Realtek RTL81xx Driver
System Definitions: MacPro 3,1

I've looked in a few forums and there was mention of the video card interfering with the mobo digital sound..

Any thoughts on how I might fix this?

--- Side note, this was a fresh build and I'm up to date with 10.6.6

It is not possible to change the volume of a digital signal. The device that the speakers connect to is the only device that can change the volume.

Hi Macman,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I'll take a look at my receiver, maybe i missed something on that end.

Cheers!

Hey Macman,

Just wanted to thank you for your help. Clearly I was over thinking the issue, I got my optical out working today with your advice! Thanks again!

Did you get your digital out to pump 5.1 channels (dobly digital) instead of 2 channel (dobly pro logic) and if so how?

Formatted my HD and started back from scratch, here I went from 10.6.3 to 10.6.6, still all else works except audio. Running ga-h55m-ud2h gigabyte f11 bios. Still no sound. dual monitors 1600x900 works beautifully, internet full/1000 works, install apps via app store, office etc. still no audio...
Note: the last time audio worked was when I initially install 10.6.3, at that time, ethernet wasn't working and video defaulted to 1024x768.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back