Gigabyte H270M-DS3H
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. iMac
Greetings.
Did anyone already tried out Gigabyte mini itx H81N mobo ? google did not gave very much out about hackintosh install
seems like good specs, mini pcie & msata ports + usb3, normal sata 6gbs and good price vs H77N or H87N
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4819#ov
Idea is build-up H81N + i3-4330 "minimac", native hd4600 graphics from the cpu/board
Can anyone comment or share experience ? which kind of difficulties to expect with this mobo?
m.lion or mavericks both can be good osx candidates
thanks in advance
:crazy:

Greetings.
Did anyone already tried out Gigabyte mini itx H81N mobo ? google did not gave very much out about hackintosh install
seems like good specs, mini pcie & msata ports + usb3, normal sata 6gbs and good price vs H77N or H87N
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4819#ov
Idea is build-up H81N + i3-4330 "minimac", native hd4600 graphics from the cpu/board
Can anyone comment or share experience ? which kind of difficulties to expect with this mobo?
m.lion or mavericks both can be good osx candidates
thanks in advance
:crazy:

I was just wondering this, as well. Did you try it? I know this is about a month old, but I am ready to pull the trigger on some components right now.

Hey JonnyTheMac did you get you Gigabyte H81N working ok in Mavericks?

I'm starting a build next week with the same board. Any pointers?

GA-H81-N

** WORKS **

Just built one with the GA-H81-N and the I3-4330 cpu with 8 gig Venegance LP 1600.

This thing is working like a dream, only issue was the Multibeat install killed my network but Multibeast fixed it on second attempt with different settings
So So So happy ..

PEACE...

Last edited:
@Terminal7 I am having booting the Yosemite installer. Do you remember what flags (if any) that you used?

When I boot I get the apple gray loading screen and I have experienced inconsistent output from while running in verbose mode. (probably becuase of all of the different boot flags I tried.)

From this other post, I have already tried these:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/151388-gigabyte-ga-h81n-yosemite-compatible.html

-x -v npci=0x200

And many, many others. Thanks for your help.

@Terminal7 I am having booting the Yosemite installer. Do you remember what flags (if any) that you used?

Thanks for your help.

I cant honestly believe how easy my install was, i used the stock setting just multibeast after straight vanilla install and had no issue what so ever, it was like installing osx on a real mac.. sorry i cant help any more..

once installed i had to try to navigate my other 3 os installs of windows and linux, eventualy i had to use clover and that required some real trickery in order to get myself back a real serial number etc, .

but back to the question - i really didnt do much at all, just assembled and installed..

==PEACE==

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back