Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have anybody updated the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 ????

I just did a flash of this board's BIOS yesterday. I was F9 and now I am UEFI UB1.

It worked, but I did not try to boot into my OS X installation. Instead I booted into UniBeast and re-installed OS X 10.7.4.

WHat all would you like to know about the process?

Sleep is now broken. o_O I have tried many different things to get it back. Rebuilt all caches and reinstalled the Extra folder with User DSDT. Removed Generate C-States and P-States and States appear to be hitting everything in-between 16x and 31x. I had speed stepping before but not all states.

Original settings that did work, are not working. Sleep is causing a Boot Loop and CMOS reset. Shutdown also won't power down the motherboard unless I have evOerboot.kext installed. I will be doing a clean install and also waiting for the Mountain Lion release to see if that makes a difference in the power management. The New UEFI BIOS should be released from BETA version soon too..... Hopefully with the new BIOS and Mountain Lion will fix this problem.

GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 UEFI 1UA

Current BIOS changes from optimized defaults:

- IDE to AHCI
- Profile 1
- CPU features Enabled
- EHCI Hand-Off Enabled
- Init. PCI First
- Marvell GSata Controller Disabled
- Super IO Chip Disabled
- Intel Virt. Tech Enabled
- Intel Rapid Start Enabled

Anyone with ANY suggestions would be appreciated!

I was having the same problems with sleep until I removed my PCIe Firewire card. Since pulling the card, the machine sleeps and wakes normally, via wired keyboard, OS command or front power button.

I was having the same problems with sleep until I removed my PCIe Firewire card. Since pulling the card, the machine sleeps and wakes normally, via wired keyboard, OS command or front power button.

I don't have a PCI Firewire card..... But I will turn off the firewire controller in the BIOS to see if that makes a difference. The only peripherals I have plugged in are the keyboard and magic mouse. I do have a custom made bluetooth adapter with the A1114 Module and Voltage regulator. I will unplug that and try with a normal mouse to see if that helps with the sleep.... but what is confusing me is the C-MOS reset and motherboard boot loop?!?

I just did a flash of this board's BIOS yesterday. I was F9 and now I am UEFI UB1.

It worked, but I did not try to boot into my OS X installation. Instead I booted into UniBeast and re-installed OS X 10.7.4.

WHat all would you like to know about the process?

Actually I had a fully functional Hackintosh, I just don´t want to loose that. What do we have to wait for that happens with the UEFI bios? A DSDT ?

Actually I had a fully functional Hackintosh, I just don´t want to loose that. What do we have to wait for that happens with the UEFI bios? A DSDT ?

The current UEFI bios update for this board is a BETA version (U1b). Whenever the final version is made available, I would suspect that Tonymac/Macman would do something to accomodate it. I don't know if it would be a DSDT or if they would add an "non-DSDT" option to Multibeast for UEFI boards.

What you would do at the moment is select 'userDSDT' in Multibeast (but without placing a DSDT on your desktop, since there isn't one available for UEFI anyway). This should take care of a lot of the other things that need to be done (besides loading the DSDT which isn't there). I chose some other things like FakeSMC.kext and 3rd Party SATA.kext just to be safe. But this may have been redundant.

In the end, I was able to boot successfully without KP. I put the machine to sleep, then awakened it with a mouse click. Everything seems to be normal. And without a DSDT.

Using a Beta version of UEFI is certainly not necessary. I just flashed it because I felt like taking a big risk.

1.3 board.

Only problem till now: Had some strange power-cycles after restart or wakeup from sleep. After the powercycles I had to reconfigure the efi-settings. Reminds me of old days of cmos resets after sleep.

OK - seems under EFI, the modifications of AppleRTC.kext are not necessary anymore. After restoring the original AppleRTC.kext, the CMOS resets are gone.

OK - seems under EFI, the modifications of AppleRTC.kext are not necessary anymore. After restoring the original AppleRTC.kext, the CMOS resets are gone.

Thank you for posting this information.... I will try this to stop the boot loop on sleep. What are your BIOS settings for the record?

I have clean installed Mountain Lion to see if this helped with the resets and sleep/wake. After testing nothing has changed. I still have the CMOS resets on sleep. After reading the post above I would like to install the original unmodified AppleRTC.kext for Mountain Lion without the CMOS rest fix to see what happens. I will have to search for the .kext as the option in Multibeast doesn't provide a backup of the kext.

Edit: Installed the AppleRTC.kext that was original and nothing has changed. I will post back with more testing results.

I believe that I have found the problem with the Sleep and Wake. The PCI configurations in the Beta version are not correct. The PCI slot will not be priority in the display boot and sleep for some reason. The PCI slot lane is only 8x at the moment and should be 16x. The broken down PCI lane shows the PCI configuration for this board is not right YET. I have also noticed certain posts on other forums stating this problem and confirming boot looping and resets. I'm going to guess it is probably going to be fixed in the near future.

We are still waiting for more official release versions! When will Gigabyte provide UEFI to more Z68 boards...... soon is what we are told and are hoping for!

I plan on upgrading (think i'm gonna do a clean install) my system to mountain lion this weekend and wondered if it would be wise to upgrade my F12 bios to UEFI first?
Anyone tried it with mountain lion?

If so, no need for DSDT or SSDT?
Also is sleep working native?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back