Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thelostswede said:
Hmm... that's really odd, but I guess it's good for people to know about this.
The only downside of this is that if there's an actual power outage, the system will switch back on if it was on before the power outage.

I found that the AC back setting can be set to Always Off.... Not sure why it made a difference before but doesn't seem to effect the wake now.....

remoteworks said:
Red32 said:
My speedstep don't work without SSDT on UA5. How to use speed step without SSDT for me? What can be done on my config?

In Bios
>Advanced frequency settings
>Advanced cpu core features

Check with msrdumper.kext

RW

I don't think that kexts are better than SSDT. Side kexts may have problems with update of system.

Red32 said:
remoteworks said:
Red32 said:
My speedstep don't work without SSDT on UA5. How to use speed step without SSDT for me? What can be done on my config?

In Bios
>Advanced frequency settings
>Advanced cpu core features

Check with msrdumper.kext

RW

I don't think that kexts are better than SSDT. Side kexts may have problems with update of system.

I have the same problem without SSDT.aml can't get to work Speed step

ertavarez said:

What model did you select in smbios?

Edit; it could very well be that if Apple doesn't support your Cpu, you need to ad/extract your ssdt.
But really. This vanilla booting is just great and totally unexpected. I have been editing dsdt's for a long time! And allot of people where looking for the holy grail.

remoteworks said:
ertavarez said:

What model did you select in smbios?

Edit; it could very well be that if Apple doesn't support your Cpu, you need to ad/extract your ssdt.
But really. This vanilla booting is just great and totally unexpected. I have been editing dsdt's for a long time! And allot of people where looking for the holy grail.

I have the same setting of @remoteworks

file.php

could you please help me editing my DSDT?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys i have done the uefi update and need to warn u all please after u have installed the new bios
using the mbr usb and booting usb hdd to load new bios as it says uplug power put back in configure bios and save reboot back into bios and load optimised defaults and do the setup of bios again
I only state this as i had trouble my self after the update with certian bios controlled features reseting themselves.

Main prob was the cpu fan would run slow or not at all :banghead: also it caused crashing of windows drive so reinstall was required

The load optimised default trick that gigabyte recomended to me is still all good and is happy again.

Mac OSX u may not get back into your osx drives as i could not just get ur unibeast out install a new small install on a fresh little partition on the hdd install reboot into new install with unibeast then go into the partition of main install from new install partition and delete the extras folder as the dsdt is stopping you from booting reboot with unibeast into your main partition and run multibeast with these settings user dsdt and repair perms before you do tho rid the install of any dsdt as you dont need 1
hope this may help any 1 out there and save u a lot of time
over and out TTFN

Sorry missed a bit u still need a ssdt tho as scores in geekbench without 1 are like 4500 and not over 10,000 on i5/i7 cpus
also the ssdt for over clock in multibeast does not work with this new bios at this time so stock clockspeed and the standard ssdt only if you require a smooth running system
TTFN

Console show P-state stepper error.
But seriously using a ssdt does not have any drawbacks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 11.47.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 11.47.21 PM.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 271
jpa said:
works all? 1.3 board?

1.3 board.

Only problem till now: Had some strange power-cycles after restart or wakeup from sleep. After the powercycles I had to reconfigure the efi-settings. Reminds me of old days of cmos resets after sleep.

Before update zu efi I had problems, when dealing with large files (eg. 14gb mp4 muxed using Subler between a SSD and a 2TB drive. Disc access and video performance became extremely slow. I guess it has something to do with the HD3000 384/512 MB video ram discrepancy between bios und osx videoram allocation. Hope this is fixed now, since using efi I can choose 512MB video ram.
Have to do more testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back