Contribute
Register

Gigabyte is working on UEFI-BIOS for Z68 & P67 (no 3D)

Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
424
Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
hackintosh1997 said:
hackintoshx86 said:
things that help with sleep:
change init. first to PCIe 16x, not PCI
acpi suspend type: S3(STR)
no-execute memory protect: enabled
hdd s.m.a.r.t. capability: enabled
enable turbo boost and disable real-time ratio changes in OS
enable all CPU power features (C1E C3 C6 Thermal Monitor EIST)
don't change Bi-Directional Prochot, leave it on auto

that's what I did, at least in F10 BIOS with the same board as you. Good luck! :headbang:
P.S. please report back on whether this works!

Thanks for your help! I will try all the options related to what you have posted. I will try to post screenshots after work today of the power management options. The menu options are COMPLETELY different. I have also noticed that the BIOS won't hold the PCI init display first. (NO PCIe 16x option anymore) This could be part of the SLI problem with the beta bios. As well as over clocking Sandy's with core settings won't work right now. I can't be 100% sure on all the options and features that are going to be released with the UEFI as it is a beta version.

Thanks Again for your help!
Any input is appreciated on this experiment with the new UEFI :headbang:
Hmm that seems a bit strange that the overclocking is not working properly... I have looked at a Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI before, and to me, the layout is completely different (obviously), but the old menus still have the old names, and the old settings are still under their old sub sections. At least that's from what I'm seeing, but it should be interesting :thumbup:
Some people are having problems with the beta UEFI over clocking with the voltage settings. Stock voltages and multiplier changes all seem to be okay. I could be very well mistaken but I thought I would say something about the topic. It doesn't cause me any problems right now as I don't over clock. Sorry for any confusion on the over clocking subject.

It is VERY interesting! And Thanks Again for the help, if you can think up anything else let me know.....
 
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
424
Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
The sleep problem is now fixed! :headbang: I'm not sure if I missed something the first few times around in the UEFI BIOS......

BIOS Changes:

Loaded optimized defaults first then made these changes.....

EDIT UPDATE:

-IDE SATA Controllers to AHCI
-Set memory (Profile1)
-Init. Display (PCI first)
-Set Time and Date
-AC Back (Memory)
 
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
2,900
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K @4.2-4.4GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
The AC Back setting is related to what the system should do if there's a power failure. Setting it to memory means it'll automatically switch back on when the power is restored if it was on, or stay off if it was already turned off.
 
Joined
May 10, 2011
Messages
137
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 BIOS:F10
CPU
Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6870 Dual Fan Edition
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
hackintoshx86 said:
The sleep problem is now fixed! :headbang: I'm not sure if I missed something the first few times around in the UEFI BIOS......

BIOS Changes:

-IDE SATA Controllers to AHCI (3 settings)
-Set memory Profile1
-Init. Display PCI first
-Enable Intel Virtualization Tech.
-Set Time and Date
-AC Back set to Memory
nice! :thumbup:
I guess you must've missed something that you didn't realize before...
So you're running without DSDT or SSDT right?
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
149
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 UEFI U1E
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K
Graphics
MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
hackintoshx86 said:
Please report back! I am interested to see if you have the same problems or have a solution to the sleep!
I have a little problem with the turbo frequency.
With SSDT (standard for i7) and the multipler to 34 (default setting) the core freq go up to 3,5 (instead 3,8).
I have made some changes (set the multiple to 38) but the freq stop to 3,5.
 
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
424
Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
hackintosh1997 said:
hackintoshx86 said:
The sleep problem is now fixed! :headbang: I'm not sure if I missed something the first few times around in the UEFI BIOS......

BIOS Changes:

-IDE SATA Controllers to AHCI (3 settings)
-Set memory Profile1
-Init. Display PCI first
-Enable Intel Virtualization Tech.
-Set Time and Date
-AC Back set to Memory
nice! :thumbup:
I guess you must've missed something that you didn't realize before...
So you're running without DSDT or SSDT right?
I sure I missed something like you said....

Everything seems to be holding stable with no kernel panics.

Right! I am running WITHOUT the DSDT and SSDT :headbang:

No HDMI audio because of the custom DSDT I had for it.

Overall, the beta BIOS for this board seems to be a great advancement. Gigabyte worked hard on this one! :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone for the input on the experiment!

Thank- You tonymacx86 team for all that you do!!
 
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
424
Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
uukk said:
hackintoshx86 said:
Please report back! I am interested to see if you have the same problems or have a solution to the sleep!
I have a little problem with the turbo frequency.
With SSDT (standard for i7) and the multipler to 34 (default setting) the core freq go up to 3,5 (instead 3,8).
I have made some changes (set the multiple to 38) but the freq stop to 3,5.
I know that there are slight problems with the over clocking and turbo frequencies. I have read a bit on the subject and I can only suggest running on stock settings for now.

The 3 links that I posted have information on this.... As well as TweakTown Forum has a lot of great posts on the turbo subject....

Have you run without SSDT?

Sorry I'm not much help :crazy:
 
Joined
May 10, 2011
Messages
137
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 BIOS:F10
CPU
Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6870 Dual Fan Edition
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
hackintoshx86 said:
Not the greatest pics sorry o_O I will print the screens later on and post....
alright! the only shame now is that this board doesn't support intel quick sync because it has no display signal out... I wish gigabyte can find out a way to make use of the iGPU WITHOUT the output so that we can at least have quick sync on the windows side... couldn't see the pics before for some weird reason, but the new bios (replacement) looks great! :headbang:
 
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
2,900
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K @4.2-4.4GHz
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
hackintosh1997 said:
hackintoshx86 said:
Not the greatest pics sorry o_O I will print the screens later on and post....
alright! the only shame now is that this board doesn't support intel quick sync because it has no display signal out... I wish gigabyte can find out a way to make use of the iGPU WITHOUT the output so that we can at least have quick sync on the windows side... couldn't see the pics before for some weird reason, but the new bios (replacement) looks great! :headbang:
Have you tried to install VirtuMVP in Windows? It should take care of that for you. Not sure if you have a license with that board though, but check out Gigabyte's website.
 
Joined
May 10, 2011
Messages
137
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 BIOS:F10
CPU
Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6870 Dual Fan Edition
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
thelostswede said:
hackintosh1997 said:
hackintoshx86 said:
Not the greatest pics sorry o_O I will print the screens later on and post....
alright! the only shame now is that this board doesn't support intel quick sync because it has no display signal out... I wish gigabyte can find out a way to make use of the iGPU WITHOUT the output so that we can at least have quick sync on the windows side... couldn't see the pics before for some weird reason, but the new bios (replacement) looks great! :headbang:
Have you tried to install VirtuMVP in Windows? It should take care of that for you. Not sure if you have a license with that board though, but check out Gigabyte's website.
so far, the Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard has no display out, and it cannot utilize the onboard graphics chip (yet). I have tried to install Lucid Virtu already (not MVP because that's for IVY Z77) and it says that it can't detect a Sandy Bridge CPU with iGPU because my motherboard doesn't have the display capabilities even though it's Z68 :banghead:
 
Top