Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Includes a Intel 20GB SSD on Z68XP-UD3-iSSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is interested, the board arrived today. Installed straight away, haven't had one kp even without booting with any flags, and have SL 10.6.8 installed on the onboard SSD.

is a bit limited as is only 3 GB/s but other then that is so far running smoothly.

Am currently downloading Lion

Fingers crossed goes just as smoothly.

So your SSD on the Gigabyte board is working fine? Besides turning on TRIM did you have to set anything on the motherboard BIOS to get SRT working. I have a GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD bard on it's way and really want to use the SRT feature. Thanks for the post and insight.

I didn't use the srt feature and instead installed my os onto the hard disk. This was due to the fact that I have a ssd in this computer anyway, however I may change it round as the onboard ssd only has speeds of 3 gb/s where as my ssd is 6

Installation was very straight forward, just followed the generic guide and was up and running to 10.7.1

I just got one of these. New to building a hackintosh. I have 10.6.8 up and running but can't get it to boot on it's own without iboot. When I'm doing multibeast which one of the DSDT user files do I use, F3, F4, or F5? Are there any BIOS settings I need to beware of that are unique? My latest boot up goes into a blank gray screen. Any help would be great!!!

Gigabyte: Z68XP-UD3-iSSD
Core I7 2600K
Readon 5770 graphics
4GB memory
1TB seagate hd, connected to 3GB/s

I'm using the on board intel graphics HDMI

Update: I got past the gray screen, if it helps anyone else out I had to specify Graphics Enabler=no at boot time. This got me past my problem. Added it to myMultibeast configuration and saved. Up and running on 10.7.1.
THANKS! :D

I have one of those main boards. Does not came with the ssd,but the slot you can swap a 64 gigs,fast board. I have a i5 3.2 prosessor. And running lion. With no problems. The only thing that it does. I don't know if every board does that. Reset the bios f2-f6 when unplug the hd. Or switch hd.what I know is the ssd make your regular hd run faster a mean get the data faster. Almost as ssd speed,
But ? No clue on prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back