Contribute
Register

Gigabyte HD 5770 Silent Cell hdmi/dvi/dp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on the GV-R577SL-1GD card?

I'm looking forward to buying it soon, but if it doesn't works with dual display setup i'll look for an alternative.

XLR said:

I'm looking forward to buying it soon, but if it doesn't works with dual display setup i'll look for an alternative.

Two dvi 24" apple cinema displays working.
One dvi->dvi, the other via dp->dvi using an active adapter.
Hdmi (including audio) not tested.

Thanks, but what is "active adapter"? Is there a passive one too?

Active adapters convert the video signal from one output (displayport for instance) to a different one . DVI in my case, but it could be HDMI, VGA, or whatever. Think of it as a small translation of the original signal to the desired video signal. DP and VGA, for instance, are not the same (digital vs analog, different port configuration, etc). Active adapters do that conversion work between the signal leaving the DP port and arriving in the DVI/HDMI/VGA input on your monitor, usually via a small chip that handles the conversion.

Certain features of the 5xxx and 6xxx cards supporting ATI Eyefinity also require an active adapter as part of their multi-monitor spanning technology.

Long story short I'm using this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... _-14999030 and it works well for my hackintosh setup. I think it's one of the cheaper active DP > DVI adapters you can find, but there are others you'll see people on the forums recommend. Hope that helps.

Snowy said:
Ok, I got the 5770 Silen Cell but cannot even get the DVI->DVI to work.
Mac seems to load to the desktop but I cannot see it. I can however reboot or shutdwon via keyboard (hence I know it loads)
I'm using the latest Multibeast ATI Experimental Bootloader with GraphicsEnabler=yes and PCIRootUI=1 (since I don't use DSDT atm) but no luck
Verbose mode also shows "Device in slot: Slot-1" so maybe that has got something to do with it.
I tried different Framebuffers but again no luck.
I only need the DVI output (single monitor)

Any help appreciated lads

Thx in advance
UPDATE: Solved (PCIRootUID=1 edited in the wrong place in boot plist file)

use chimera instead of ATI Experimental Bootloader and 64 bit apple boot no need other drivers :thumbup:

XLR said:

Just from today.
This model is reported to be discontinued, my dealer was not able to get one for my second (identical) build. Had to search for someone still having one in stock (alternate.de/Germany).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back