Geforce 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all great people of tonymac.

I just got my first hackintosh together, and it is working!
here is my build.

Gigabyte h87n-wifi
Intel i5 3.4 Ghz Haswell
Samsung ssd 840
GTX EVGA 760

Its working flawless, well almost.
Audio from jack = Not working.
HDMI sound = Not working (sure i can find a fix for that)

and now the most important part - the bluetooth! its not working! I heard that i should work out of the box, so i don't get it! please help!
i tried to switch the connecters on the antenna, no success(the bluetooth icon dosnt even appear in settings). i also tried to use a bluetooth dongle, and then the bluetooth icon appears in settings, but it can't connect to my apple wireless keyboard.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!​

Hello all great people of tonymac.

I just got my first hackintosh together, and it is working!
here is my build.

Gigabyte h87n-wifi
Intel i5 3.4 Ghz Haswell
Samsung ssd 840
GTX EVGA 760

Its working flawless, well almost.
Audio from jack = Not working.
HDMI sound = Not working (sure i can find a fix for that)

Which audio option did you select in MultiBeast? What options are shown in System Preferences/Sound/Output
HDMI Audio will need a little more work over the standard installation to get running properly:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/112469-mavericks-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

and now the most important part - the bluetooth! its not working! I heard that i should work out of the box, so i don't get it! please help!

The normal problem is that the builder has forgotten to connect the antenna. I would try to reseat the BT/WIFI card when the machine is powered down.

i tried to switch the connecters on the antenna, no success(the bluetooth icon dosnt even appear in settings). i also tried to use a bluetooth dongle, and then the bluetooth icon appears in settings, but it can't connect to my apple wireless keyboard.

Very odd.

Adrian B​

Thanks for the reply!

Well, i reinstalled everything, and it worked until i used multibeast.(see my multibeast settings below)
I have tried to reset BIOS to default.

I did also take the wifi/BT card out, installed the card again = No luck.
I tried to delete the bluetooth.plist, but i can't. its in use? so don't really know whats up with that.
Digital out is shown and 2 line exit is shown as well. Digital out is working, but the 2 line exits isn't working.

But then i reinstalled everything ones again, and bluetooth didn't work at all (even before multi beast install) so i really don't get it!

i just want bluetooth to work, because then i can use my apple keyboard.

any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 5.59.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 5.59.07 PM.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 526
I have exactly the same bluetooth issues. It worked once in the beginning and I could pair my bluetooth keyboard. After a while I couldn't pair it anymore and after having applied some changes like deleting the bluetooth.plist it even says that there is no bluetooth available.

Does anybody have any advice on how to reset it all?

Bluetooth isn't working here either. They might've updated the card in a recent revision of the motherboard. The model number is 7260HMW.

Edit: And now it is working. Since it wasn't working I removed the wifi card. But later changed my mind and put it back in, along with a DVD player and an extra HDD. Browsed around in the bios, but did not change anything.... And now it is working. Strange, but nice.

Bluetooth isn't working here either. They might've updated the card in a recent revision of the motherboard. The model number is 7260HMW.

Edit: And now it is working. Since it wasn't working I removed the wifi card. But later changed my mind and put it back in, along with a DVD player and an extra HDD. Browsed around in the bios, but did not change anything.... And now it is working. Strange, but nice.
You need to go to your bios and change the XHCI to enable (smart auto is the default setting) and see if that gives you the bluetooth back. I was having the same issue :crazy: till I decided to change the wifi card for a BCM4322 & for bluetooth I went with the IOGEAR GBU52 dongle and everything works natively on 10.9.2.

I have the H87N-Wifi mobo too, bluetooth works great OOBT :confused:

At first I didn't noticed I had bluetooth on my h87n-wifi rev.2 mobo. I bought a bluetooth external device (I'm still waiting for it) since I was sure I hadn't such feature. Today I installed 10.9.2 from scratch and suddenly when I restarted for the 2nd (or may be the 3rd) time I was able to search and pair my magic mouse. I was very excited about this "bonus feature" but my happiness finished when I rebooted once again, I can't get the BT back in any way.
Since I installed this driver http://www.osx86.net/files/download/3539-tp-link-tl-wn723n-v3-tl-wn725n-v2-usb-wifi/ for my external wifi device I tried to uninstall this driver and reboot again (I tried also booting with -x -v) but nothing happens.

It seems I lost BT forever :(

Anyone got an idea about this issue? What could I try? I will have an external BT soon but it would be very nice to have it built in...

Schermata 2014-04-22 alle 20.05.22.png

### UPDATE 04/23/14

I made another test doing so:
- in BIOS settings I set XHCI to enable
- I started Mac OS via Chimera with -x -v
- In safe mode I deleted via shell /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.Kext.caches/* and /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

Once restarted I was still unable to see bluetooth available, but after a restart or two I could pair my magic mouse again! Dunno what happened but the feature survived another restart (I didn't tried to restart a third time since I'm working and I want to keep using the magic mouse until the end of the today's work).

I am experiencing the same bluetooth issues on that board. I either wasn't paying attention or it wasn't happening at first.
Now the bluetooth is working like every other boot. And when it does it takes a couple of seconds after the boot for it to appear. Any solutions to this other than buying a different bluetooth module?

is your bluetooth (internal, pre-installed) still working for you?

I've gotten mine to work occasionally (usually after a bluetooth preferences file delete and reboot) but only once I booted, then upon reboot I have to cycle through deleting preference files.

(I know this is an old post, but since we've the same board...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back