Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just successfully installed Mavericks using Unibeast/Mulitibeast.
I jus bought a WD MyBook 4TB external hard drive but I only get speeds up to 40MB/S. In tests on the web this drive reaches speeds up to 130MB/S. I set XHCI to Smart in BIOS which doesn't make a difference. I also tried this without the USB3 kext from Multibeast but that also makes no difference. I read in the forum that some are reaching USB3 speeds with this main board, so why is it so slow?

Here is my Multibeast Config:

Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 TRIM Patch Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14 Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac mini > Mac mini 6,2 Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

I still didn't solve the problem but I realized some strange behavior. First of all: If your drive shows up under "USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Bus" under "USB" in the system report it runs with full USB3 speeds - if it shows up under "USB 3.0 HighSpeed Bus" it only runs with USB2 speeds.
After playing around a little bit with unplugging and re-plugig the drive at some point it ran with SuperSpeed (about 120 MB/S). I noticed that normally after booting the drive only runs with HighSpeed but when I unplug and re-plug the device when the computer is running, it re-connects to the "SuperSpeed Bus" and is running fast.
Sometimes it is already in SuperSpeed after booting but mostly it's only in HighSpeed. But when I plug the device to a running system it ALWAS runs in SuperSpeed.
I didn't find out completely what influences the Bus it connects to after booting but I noticed that it has something to do with the other USB drives that are connected.
But I can definitely say that GenericUSBXHCI.kext and using a DSDT are NOT influencing the behavior.
Any ideas? Im still looking for a solution that the drive alway runs in SuperSpeed.

Solved the issue! Although nobody seems to be interested, here's the solution:
As soon as I disable "Legacy USB Support" in BIOS everything works perfectly. All the USB3 drives are runnig with "SuperSpeed" right from the start.

P.S.: This also solved the "EBIOS Read Error..." problem (error message while boot loader is loading) that many people seem to have (me included)...

As soon as I disable "Legacy USB Support" in BIOS everything works perfectly. All the USB3 drives are runnig with "SuperSpeed" right from the start.

P.S.: This also solved the "EBIOS Read Error..." problem (error message while boot loader is loading) that many people seem to have (me included)...

Glad to hear you got it working, and thank you for posting the solution :)

That's great, thanks for sharing! Had the same issue but gave up. Unfortunately the community here on Tonymac isn't quite reactive, so your help is much appreciated.

Thank you for creating this thread. I just recently built a new system and used the same board GA H87-D3H and the USB 3.0 isn't as fast as it should be. i tried your solution but seems it's not working. how can i measure the speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back