Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, I have a new PC, composed of;

Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-S2PV
Processor: Intel i5-2500k
Video Card: GeForce GT520

Now, from looking around the place, I can see that others with the same or very similar systems are running SL, yet when I try, I can't anywhere. Just for a little background, I've installed Mac on my previous PC, so I'm fairly competent.

My problem is, using the iBoot and Multibeast guide, that when I take out the iBoot CD, and then put in the Snow Leopard CD and boot from it, it brings up the white screen with the Apple logo, and the loading dial, but it just continues to load for a while, then I get the message about turning the power off.

Does anyone know how I can get round this problem, or what may be causing it? Any help hugely appreciated!

JackleCube said:
Hey, I have a new PC, composed of;

Motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-S2PV
Processor: Intel i5-2500k
Video Card: GeForce GT520

Now, from looking around the place, I can see that others with the same or very similar systems are running SL, yet when I try, I can't anywhere. Just for a little background, I've installed Mac on my previous PC, so I'm fairly competent.

My problem is, using the iBoot and Multibeast guide, that when I take out the iBoot CD, and then put in the Snow Leopard CD and boot from it, it brings up the white screen with the Apple logo, and the loading dial, but it just continues to load for a while, then I get the message about turning the power off.

Does anyone know how I can get round this problem, or what may be causing it? Any help hugely appreciated!

Your video card is not supported under Snow Leopard, which is probably why you are having problems. Lion may work.

If you want to use Snow Leopard, you will have to replace your video card that is supported under Snow Leopard, like the Nvidia GT210/GT220/GT240.

I got everything to work, my graphics card didn't work under SL, it needed the CL enabler in Lion Multibeast, however using PCIRootUID=1, I was able to get past the problem of the power off message, then once I had it initially working, I was able to update to Lion, and now everythings sweet as! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back