i5-10600
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My first time back into Hackintosh world after a long break, and i've got as far as bootable Sonoma USB with OpenCore EFI.
My system config is this:
Gigabyte H470M K
16GB Memory
Intel Core i5-10600 @ 3.3GHz

here is my lspci:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Comet Lake-S 6c Host Bridge/DRAM Controller (rev 03)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 6th-10th Gen Core Processor PCIe Controller (x16) (rev 03)
00:12.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH Thermal Controller
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake USB 3.1 xHCI Host Controller
00:14.2 RAM memory: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH Shared SRAM
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake HECI Controller
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake SATA AHCI Controller
00:1b.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 06c2 (rev f0)
00:1b.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCI Express Root Port #21 (rev f0)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 06bc (rev f0)
00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCI Express Root Port #9 (rev f0)
00:1d.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 06b4 (rev f0)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation H470 Chipset LPC/eSPI Controller
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH cAVS
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH SMBus Controller
00:1f.5 Serial bus controller: Intel Corporation Comet Lake PCH SPI Controller
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Polaris 20 XL [Radeon RX 580 2048SP] (rev ef)
01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Ellesmere HDMI Audio [Radeon RX 470/480 / 570/580/590]
05:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Sandisk Corp Device 5025 (rev 01)
06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)

It's been a long while using EFI so assume I'm a total noob - what plist and kexts will I need?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Happy to provide data to get me going

@chalkie1975

As you have Comet Lake and RX 580, you can try any of these SMBIOS to see how they work, in Sonoma I'm using iMac but the other 2 also work fine:
  • config-14-imac-amd.plist: iMac19,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU enabled in BIOS
  • config-14-imacpro.plist: iMacPro1,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS
  • config-14-macpro.plist: MacPro7,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU disabled in BIOS.
Note: iMac19,1 (I have Coffee Lake) must be replaced by iMac20,1 (you have Comet Lake) but really both models must be fine.

I've basically just installed everything from the following ZIP (expecting it work straight away)

What I can't seem to fix is moving the EFI folder into the root of the EFI partition - i keep ending up with EFI/EFI/EFI!

Attachments

• EFI-0.9.4.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 64
so i've edited the config.plist file mentioned above and saved it as config.plist

I cant seem to get mv in terminal to get the EFI folder to go back two levels from /EFI/EFI/EFI to just /EFI - any pointers?

As you have Comet Lake and RX 580, you can try any of these SMBIOS to see how they work, in Sonoma I'm using iMac but the other 2 also work fine:
  • config-14-imac-amd.plist: iMac19,1 + dGPU AMD + iGPU enabled in BIOS
this file i've edited to remove 19 with 20, and saved it as config.plist

so i've edited the config.plist file mentioned above and saved it as config.plist

I cant seem to get mv in terminal to get the EFI folder to go back two levels from /EFI/EFI/EFI to just /EFI - any pointers?
yes, mount your EFI partition and use your mouse to drag the EFI folder into the EFI partition

yes, mount your EFI partition and use your mouse to drag the EFI folder into the EFI partition
i cant drag and drop in UBUNTU because its a brand new install and im trying to fathom out two operating systems simultaneously!

i cant seem to make the graphical browser work like it does in windows...

i cant drag and drop in UBUNTU because its a brand new install and im trying to fathom out two operating systems simultaneously!

i cant seem to make the graphical browser work like it does in windows...
best to learn the one OS first then

Back