Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AUROS Gaming 7
CPU
Intel i5-8600
Graphics
onboard Intel UHD 630
I'm surprised I can't find any builds using this motherboard. It seems to be the only Gigabyte board that is both Titan Ridge 2.0 compatible (although that's questionable even though it's listed on their Titan Ridge 2.0 card list stating "Certified Motherboards with GC-TITAN RIDGE" page is the 2nd link below, I can't seem to find the thunderbolt 3 connectors on the motherboard to connect the 5-pin and 3-pin cables. Can these cards run without the 3-pin and 5-pin cables connected?) and has HDMI 2.0 (this is required to use the UltraHD blu-ray drive). Seems odd this affordable board hasn't been used as the specs. seem to show it's compatible for Hackintosh, unless I missed something. Anyone use one and have experience? I was looking for one that is also compatible with UltraHD 4K blu-ray drives and Titan Ridge 2.0 Thunderbolt 3 and this is the ONLY ITX motherboard I could find. Yes, the ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 has Thunderbolt 3 onboard, but I wanted to try to build a system with the Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 Thunderbolt 3 card that I see can be firmware upgraded (available on eBay) to be compatible with iOS.

Want to use an Intel i7 10700 CPU with it.

Last edited:
I'm surprised I can't find any builds using this motherboard. It seems to be the only Gigabyte board that is both Titan Ridge 2.0 compatible (although that's questionable even though it's listed on their Titan Ridge 2.0 card list, I can't seem to find the thunderbolt 3 connectors on the motherboard to connect the 5-pin and 3-pin cables. Can these cards run without the 3-pin and 5-pin cables connected?) and has HDMI 2.0. Seems odd this affordable board hasn't been used as the specs. seem to show it's compatible for Hackintosh, unless I missed something. Anyone use one and have experience? I was looking for one that is also compatible with UltraHD 4K blu-ray drives and Titan Ridge 2.0 Thunderbolt 3 and this is the ONLY ITX motherboard I could find. Yes, the ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 has Thunderbolt 3 onboard, but I wanted to try to build a system with the Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 Thunderbolt 3 card that I see can be firmware upgraded (available on eBay) to be compatible with iOS.

Want to use an Intel i7 10700 CPU with it.

This motherboard does NOT have a Thunderbolt 3 header onboard, so you will not be able to use the GC Titan Ridge card with it.

Not even the Z490I Aorus Ultra (Gigabyte's Z490 ITX motherboard) has such a header.

Must you use ITX motherboards? Because it seems to me that if you need Thunderbolt 3, Gigabyte does not offer a current ITX motherboard that supports this feature (either onboard or through a Thunderbolt header onboard), so you will have no choice but to look for an mATX / ATX motherboard from Gigabyte, for example :

This motherboard has 2 Thunderbolt headers onboard.

No, doesn't need to be ITX, just looking for any motherboard that has both HDMI 2.0 and the Thunderbolt 3 connectors for the Titan Ridge 2.0 card.

Seems that Asus has a new Thunderbolt 3 card out, but there seems to be no motherboard with their new 14-pin connector.

Last edited:
No, doesn't need to be ITX, just looking for any motherboard that has both HDMI 2.0 and the Thunderbolt 3 connectors for the Titan Ridge 2.0 card.

Seems that Asus has a new Thunderbolt 3 card out, but there seems to be no motherboard with their new 14-pin connector.
You mean the Asus ThunderboltEX 3-TR ?

If so, there is a compatible motherboard list on the Asus site. Only Z490 / B550 (Ryzen) / H470 / B460 models.

I can't seem to find any Asus motherboards on that TB3-TR list that also has HDMI 2.0.
I've submitted a inquiry to Gigabyte on how the motherboard is on their Titan Ridge 2.0 certified compatible list, but not having the TB3 5-pin and 3-pin connectors. I'll see how they respond?

The response from Gigabyte: Oops, it was an error to include that motherboard in the Titan Ridge 2.0 list Thanks for pointing it out. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back