Contribute
Register

Gigabyte H370M DS3H - new install, no USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I had a similar problem with keyboard, mouse (wireless) and USB disappearing. By accident, I put the USB in a USB3 port on the mob, and it worked all the way through. When I moved the keyboard/mouse dongle to a USB3 port, it worked also.
Unfortunately, I subsequently did something else and I'm back to trying to load High Sierra again.
Anyone else found this with the USB3 ports thing?

Hi. I had a similar problem with keyboard, mouse (wireless) and USB disappearing. By accident, I put the USB in a USB3 port on the mob, and it worked all the way through. When I moved the keyboard/mouse dongle to a USB3 port, it worked also.
Unfortunately, I subsequently did something else and I'm back to trying to load High Sierra again.
Anyone else found this with the USB3 ports thing?
I gave up and purchased the z370m. I found out only the Z series allows overclocking anyway, which is what I wanted to ended up switching and the default install works, albeit I'm still trying to get the resolution sorted.

After the latest OS update to 10.13.6. my remaining power issue is resolved by magic. I am not overclocking but the performance is great for my FCPX edits in 4k and also for my renderings in blender.

I could not be more happy with the system.

I upgraded my bios to F3 and my casing's front usb 2.0 as well the 2 usb for keyboard and mouse at the top of the backside started working, however the ones below the USB-C and the front usb 3.0 still do not work. Strangely the one next to USB-C has been working since the start. Would love to get the one on the front and the ones below USB-C working.

Is there any kext or DSDT patch I could use for this?

Also what is a good configuration for this motherboard with an i3 8350K.

Hi,

Had a hackintosh in the past, went to a MacBook Pro, now setting up a brand new hackintosh using the Installation Guide. i7 8700K, Gigabyte H370M DS3H, Gigabyte Ti 1060 graphics card all on the recommended list.
  • Updated BIOS to version 2
  • Set up BIOS as best I could following the guides here.
  • Fresh download of UniBeast 8.3.2 using High Sierra 10.13.4 downloaded from the App Store.
  • Boot using UniBeast just fine, select install, get the choose language screen, and...
  • No USB. Keyboard or mouse don't work. Tried different ports, no luck.
Any idea what to try next?

Cheers!
Hi Tonarinoinu,

I have almost the same hardware and can't even reach the installer. As I read more people have the same problem. Did you just follow the guide here or did you do some other magic you could share?
I really am stuck at the moment and don't know what to try next.

Any hint is appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Eike

Hi, re-installed Mojave this weekend.

I could solve the black screen issue and freeze during the install by disconnectiong any other drive in the computer. Updating from High Sierra to Mojave worked only partial since I lost my Audio after the update. Even with the fresh install I did not get the Audio back and since the procedure to get it working was not very clear to me I now used an external USB audio device. But for the rest the Hackintosh is working, power up, power down and sleep without issues.

Regards

Rainer

Hi, re-installed Mojave this weekend.

I could solve the black screen issue and freeze during the install by disconnectiong any other drive in the computer. Updating from High Sierra to Mojave worked only partial since I lost my Audio after the update. Even with the fresh install I did not get the Audio back and since the procedure to get it working was not very clear to me I now used an external USB audio device. But for the rest the Hackintosh is working, power up, power down and sleep without issues.

Regards

Rainer
Hi Rainer,

by now I managed to install Mojave. After a lot of trying it took I am now working on getting the UHD 630 from the cpu to work. I wanted to install without extra graphics card but the resolution is only 1240 and glitching. So this is the next issue I need to fix.
Pretty lost again! Maybe I can have a look at your config.list and check your setup?
Do you use the onboard graphics also?

Greetings,

Eike

I am using a Gigabyte Radeon RX580 8G since I am using the machine for FCPX projects. Did never try the UHD630. Sorry can't help you there.
I am away from home the next couple of days. Once I am back I will post my EFI folder for reference, which is only working due to the incredible support from people in this forum.

Regards

Rainer

Here you go. Thanks to iCloud I was able to access my backup.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.5 MB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back