Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GV-N960G1 GAMING-4GD GeForce GTX 960 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 960
So I bought this card and can't get it to work. I was looking at the Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming card from the buyer's guide. I figured that I would go with the 4GB, but my system isn't liking it. I own the GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS. I also have the Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I74770K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics. If someone has advice on how to get it to work, I would be delighted to hear it.

Thank you

So I bought this card and can't get it to work. I was looking at the Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming card from the buyer's guide. I figured that I would go with the 4GB, but my system isn't liking it. I own the GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS. I also have the Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I74770K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics. If someone has advice on how to get it to work, I would be delighted to hear it.

Thank you

Without knowing what OS you are running, you must be running Yosemite and you must have the web drivers installed. Once the correct drivers are installed you have to use the boot flag nvda_drv=1 to use those drivers.

Without knowing what OS you are running, you must be running Yosemite and you must have the web drivers installed. Once the correct drivers are installed you have to use the boot flag nvda_drv=1 to use those drivers.
The flag must be added to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. For Yosemite, your kernel flags should look like this:

<>Kernel Flags</>
<>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</>

I'm looking at purchasing this same card for use in Yosemite as well. So it is possible to use it if you make these modifications? I'm much more familiar with hardware than software, so most of those instructions sound pretty foreign to me.

I'm looking at purchasing this same card for use in Yosemite as well. So it is possible to use it if you make these modifications? I'm much more familiar with hardware than software, so most of those instructions sound pretty foreign to me.
It will become apparent when you read my guide for installing my GTX 750 Ti which, like your 960, is a nVidia Maxwell chipset card and requires the nVidia Web drivers; see my signature block for the 750 Ti guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back