Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GT 640 Working OOB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

and what about the VDA? My gt640 works OOB but I can't use the HW acceleration during video playback.
BR,

Hi All,

and what about the VDA? My gt640 works OOB but I can't use the HW acceleration during video playback.
BR,

If you are using Ivy Bridge hardware, then try using MacMini 6,2 system definition.

Use
Code:
  GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No
at boot and in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Sadly, it did not solve the problem.

Sadly, it did not solve the problem.

Is your card on the primary PCIe slot closest to the processor on the motherboard. Confirm UEFI/BIOS graphics settings are for the correct slot. Gt640 is plug and play - so it must be something simple. No extra drivers are required.

Yes, it is in the primary slot, uefi set to PEG graphics (IGFX is disabled).
VDADecoderchechker result:

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
[17:13:30.182] vtDecompressionDuctCreate signalled err=-8973 (err) (Could not select and open decoder instance) at /SourceCache/CoreMedia_frameworks/CoreMedia-1562.19/Sources/VideoToolbox/VTDecompressionSession.c line 1181
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

Yes, it is in the primary slot, uefi set to PEG graphics (IGFX is disabled).
VDADecoderchechker result:

GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen6
AVDCreateGPUAccelerator: Error loading GPU renderer
[17:13:30.182] vtDecompressionDuctCreate signalled err=-8973 (err) (Could not select and open decoder instance) at /SourceCache/CoreMedia_frameworks/CoreMedia-1562.19/Sources/VideoToolbox/VTDecompressionSession.c line 1181
An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.
VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

Genuinely stumped at this - I see you were having problems back in 10.8.3 - I don't know what you have already tried. I would use a second SSD/HDD and try fresh clean installations of OS X to see if you had any other results. Try GPU in another computer and try a different GPU from a friends computer if possible.

I would be trying to isolate the motherboard, installation and the GT640 to see where the issue was. There is some old threads over at Insanelymac about this.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292591-guide-video-decode-acceleration/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back