Motherboard
ASUS Z97-Pro (Wifi AC) - Clover
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
The Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH motherboard on Newegg has been replaced by the GA-Z97X-UD7 TH.

Does anyone have any advice regarding compatibility? I am in the process of building a new system, and wanted to by a new mb ASAP. I had my sights on the Z87X. I am wondering if the Z97X will be a satisfactory replacement.

The GA-Z87X-UD5H (no Thunderbolt) has also been replaced by the GA-Z97X-UD5H.

The Gigabyte GA-787X-UD7 TH motherboard on Newegg has been replaced by the GA-797X-UD7 TH.

Does anyone have any advice regarding compatibility? I am in the process of building a new system, and wanted to by a new mb ASAP. I had my sights on the 787X. I am wondering if the 797X will be a satisfactory replacement.

The GA-787X-UD5H (no Thunderbolt) has also been replaced by the GA-787X-UD5H.

I already purchased the above board.. I expect to try and install it this week.. Rampage is already testing it and said there were a few issues to resolve..

compared to the z87; the z97 now has SATA Express...seems like it's lost some of the OC features.

I'm not very interested in OC features anyway. I just want a good solid and fast MB. Preferably with TB, but I can do without if it has solid onboard video which I can upgrade later to GTX 760 or the like.

I am looking for something pretty new, can take the latest processors, multiple SATA-III, USB3, and decent onboard video with dual-monitor support like the HD4600.

And one that works with Mavericks, of course, and accepts updates, without too much fiddling.

That may be a bit much but that's what I want.

It lost support for 4 GPU. Not that it really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back