Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA Z97X-UD7 TH best BIOS settings i7 4790K Without graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right, hadn't had a look at the club house yet. Thanks for the info.

I just did a Yosemite install on a H97N-WiFi / i3 with the onboard intel 4600 graphics. I assume that this is pretty close to what you have. Here's how I got everything working (from my "how did I do this so when I **** it all up I can recreate" notes):

1. Download Unibeast & Multibeast from TonyMac (make sure they’re the latest that includes Yosemite support)
  2. On existing Mac make sure you have “Install Yosemite” app from Apple Store
  3. Format USB drive (Master Boot Record under Options, Journaled [not FAT])
  4. Run Unibeast, targeting the USB you just created in (3)
  5. Copy Multibeast folder over to USB
  6. Plug USB into Hackintosh
  7. Make sure Mackintosh has only DVI (not HDMI) cable installed.
  8. Boot into BIOS settings and make sure they are
    1. MIT - Advanced Memory Settings - XMP - Profile 1
    2. BIOS Features - VT-d - Disable
    3. Peripherals - Initial Display Output - IGF
    4. Peripherals - Intel Processor Graphics - Enable
    5. Power Management - Wake on LAN - Disabled
  9. At EFI boot screen press a key to get a prompt and type -x -v (Safe Mode & Verbose)
  10. Installer should load. “Select Language” and before “Continuing” the install select “Disk Utility...” from the Utilities menu bar
  11. Select the internal hard drive you wish to install on, select Partition.
    1. Under Current choose “1”.
    2. Under Options select “GUID”
    3. Name the partition “Yosemite"
    4. Apply
    5. When done close, which takes you back to the installer
  12. Begin installer (says it should take about 16 minutes)
  13. It will reboot automatically when installation is complete
  14. At boot menu select the “Yosemite” partition, press any key (except for the return key) to get a prompt and type -x -v (Safe Mode & Verbose)
  15. Finish installation (but avoid logging into anything, iCloud, etc, as if something ****s up you’ll just have to do it all over again).
  16. From USB run MultiBoot
    1. Quick Start > DSDT Free
    2. Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
    3. Drivers > Network > Atheros > ALXEthernet
    4. Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a
  17. Reboot. If you remove the USB and boot from the hard disk you will get the following error
    boot0: GPT… boot0:error
    The fix for this is to boot back into the installer again and do the following:
    1. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS X on. Right click on the volume and select Unmount.
    2. Launch Terminal and execute the following command: dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
    3. Note: You may have to change in the BIOS boot from USB first, and don’t forget to boot with -x -v options.
  18. Reboot. You will now have no sound and no bluetooth.
  19. Sound first. Rerun Multiboot and select the following:
    1. Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support (this was not able to be selected the first time through)
    2. Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328 Plugins
    3. Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328 HWMonitor Application
    4. Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,1 (not sure how important this is)
  20. Reboot. When logged in go to System Preferences > Sound > Output and change to Line Out. You should now have sound, but still no BT.

I had the onboard bluetooth working at one point before I got the sound working, and then I lost it. Since I had a bluetooth USB dongle from my last hackintosh I just plugged that in and called it a day.

I find the onboard graphics a wee bit choppy (dragging windows around, dock magnification) so at some point I'll start screwing around with some BIOS or other settings to see if I can get it a bit smoother. If I get no satisfaction there I may just break down and buy a cheap dedicated graphics card. But other than that its a damn solid machine.

ancentofanti
Thanks for the help. That is fairly close to what I went through, although mine seemed to require even less tweeking. Most of my problems came from one overlooked setting in the BIOS. And I just fixed my sound with the first setting in this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143750-no-sound-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html
boom. Easy. Maybe it was because I am using the ALC1150 driver, which is the suggested for my mobo, by gigabyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back