Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT/4790k/MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB -Yosemite Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi,
I just completed my first Hackintosh Build.
Thanks to all of you mostly.
It now runs Yosemite and Win 8.1 with Clover Bootloader.

Installation
was straight forward using the Installation guide from this site.

Bios: Memory Profile XMP 1 / VT -d disabled / Speedstep disabled (enabled after installing Clover).

After first boot. I installed MultiBeast, but ran in too several Problems (USB hangs/Sound) so I tried Clover. Everything seems to work now but I'm still trying to find the optimal settings.

Build

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
  • Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
  • Storage: 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
  • Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
  • Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout (PCGH Edition) ATX Mid Tower Case
  • Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
  • Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer
  • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)
  • Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter
  • Case Fan: Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-120 40.6 CFM 120mm Fan
  • Headphones: Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 7.1 Channel Headset

Comments
If you are considering the Fractal Define R4 in combination with the Corsair H100i you may want to take the R4 with air-inlet on the top. I mounted the cooler in the front but moving the bays(loosing the top 4-hdd-bay in the process/aint nobody got space for that) was a pita.

Questions?

What System ID did you choose? I hear choosing the wrong one like a older Mac3,1 will not enable the various kernel optimizations for the board and cpu type...

Questions?

Yes, could you point me to the dual boot installation guide? I'm about to get started on this as well, but have currently only Windows 8.1 running on the machine. Thanks

Hi! I still need to update this Post so it matches the forum rules but didn't find the time yet unfortunately. Just in case this post gets shutdown in meantime.

Concerning your question: I chose iMac 14,2 as my system id. For iMessage to work I followed this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

You have to enter MLB & ROM values matching your system id post installation via clover. Follow the guide above for infos!

Hi hara,

i too installed windows 8.1 before installing osx. I did so by first installing windows 8.1 on one ssd and booting into windows. after drivers and bios update i updated the ssd firmware and then unplugged the windows ssd and plugged in a separate osx ssd because i wanted to keep both systems separated. to boot the osx installer from your unibeast you have to adjust your bios settings (disable speedstep and vt -d and select memory profile 1 as detailed above), press f12 while booting, select usb, install osx, after restart select usb again (just follow the guide here), install multibeast with the settings i described above and after successful restart from ssd install clover. after osx booted without problems i re-installed my windows ssd.
i hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back