Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH - Thunderbolt 2.0 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I do this, I have a Retina MBP and a Sonnet Echo Express SE II with 2 PCIe cards inside...

Hello
Everyone. I'm masengkung. I wrote English and Grammar little.
My solution is
1. GA-Z87X-UD7-TH
2. Intel Core i7
3. 32 GB
4. GTX 670
5. 1. Partition Mavorick
6. 2. Partition PC Windows 7 64 bit

I'm install Mavorick to my computer. and First test Thunderbolt device to Blackmagic Camera 2.5K is working. But any device so Blackmagic Teranex2 and Thunderbolt adaptor to firewire 800 no work.

I think to reboot PC on my computer. And install Gigabyte CD Driver All app and driver Thunderbolt to PC. I will connect thunderbolt cable to Blackmagic Teranex2 and Thunderbolt adaptor to firewire 800 device and reboot to Mavorick.

I will wonderful Blackmagic Teranex2 and Thunderbolt adaptor to firewire 800 device that working.

I hope everyone to thunderbolt working.

from
masengkung

Hi guys. I'm interested in this board because of target disk mode so that I could boot off of my real Macbook Pro and not have to sync my two computers with my hackintosh as well. This requires thunderbolt or firewire, but as I have an SSD, thunderbolt would be better to avoid throttling of speed.

So I was wondering if any of you with a thunderbolt enabled hackintosh could test if target disk mode works?

Either that or suggest a good way to keep two hackintoshes perfectly in sync.

Either that or suggest a good way to keep two hackintoshes perfectly in sync.

No, this won't work for many reasons. Even on two real macs this would be a bad idea.
Maybe you can look into setting up a server and running network users / home folders.

g\

I'm not doing a dual boot with windows, strictly OSX, so I assume I won't be able to get this board working with thunderbolt because I won beable to unlock the drivers. So I should just forget this thing?

I'm not doing a dual boot with windows, strictly OSX, so I assume I won't be able to get this board working with thunderbolt because I won beable to unlock the drivers. So I should just forget this thing?

You are unable to install windows even briefly to get the drivers/firmware into the thunderbolt controller? You realize that the windows install images are available from microsoft and that you don't need to have a license just to install the OS right? there is a grace period for licensing.

sounds kinda silly but yeah if that's the case then it won't work.
g\

You are unable to install windows even briefly to get the drivers/firmware into the thunderbolt controller? You realize that the windows install images are available from microsoft and that you don't need to have a license just to install the OS right? there is a grace period for licensing.

sounds kinda silly but yeah if that's the case then it won't work.
g\

I didn't know that! I haven't associated with anything other than OSX in 7 years. Thank you for the information.

Hey all,

Apologies in advance if I'm not looking in the right place, but I can't seem to find anything definitive about the GA-Z87X-UD7-TH running ML 10.8.5, specifically in terms of whether the Thunderbolt Ports work or not. It looks like a couple of people have asked in this thread but with no answers thus far...

Does anyone have reports of how this board works generally with 10.8.5, and also about the thunderbolt side of things?

For reasons to do with my work and software I'm using, I need to run Mountain Lion as opposed to Mavericks, at least for the time being.

Cheers!

Hey,

I think there is something to the EFI hook theory given genzai's helpful kext delete method worked fine under my unibeast/mutibeast install (not hot pluggable) but was broken by Clover. I have been experimenting but I will wait for the efforts of wiser minds than mine.

GA-Z87X-UD7-TH

I was able to get both Thunderbolt ports working the windows way as described in previous posts. I have a 3TB Seagate Goflex with Thunderbolt base, two partitions, that shows up as if they were internal HDDs. I also have a Belkin Thunderbolt hub and I am able to hot swap USB and Firewire peripherals on the Belkin Hub. They appear as USB or Firewire devices.

Only problem is that now my clock/date and spotlight icons do not show up in my menu bar. Sometimes the spotlight icon flashes for just a second and then goes away again. I've relaunched finder and still nothing. They were there before I installed Thunderbolt drivers on windows and gone after. Screenshots do not work either. I am running OSX 10.9.2. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back