Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH - MultiBeast Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it out, i actually just had to reinstall chimera, and it started no problem.

Well this is unusual and suggests you made an error someplace but glad you resolved it. Are you installing to an SSD? if its a large mechanical drive with 4k sectors this can be an issue.

Officially the only thing Not working is one ethernet port and there is zero audio :roll2:
If you completed my outline successfully both of these would work just fine.
Sounds like you failed to install the hnak driver and probably didn't build your DSDT correctly either.

**UPDATE** - I had to re-run MultiBeast for the audio but this time without DSDT
works perfect and everything is up and running.

If you have to use the without DSDT option then you failed to build a proper DSDT. This has many repercussions. Suggest remaking your DSDT from scratch.

I'm curious what you used to dual boot Windows with this setup Genzai ?

What do you mean? I described the dual boot method. install windows on a new drive, then boot chimera and choose the OS from the chimera boot screen. Very standard practice.

g\

If you have to use the without DSDT option then you failed to build a proper DSDT. This has many repercussions. Suggest remaking your DSDT from scratch.
g\

Really ? Even if everything is working fine ? what would i have to worry about with the repercussions ?
I def want to build it correctly, i can say it was a little confusing building the DSDT and i was worried i wouldn't do it right. As of Now though everything works, the Audio does make pops from time to time and i can't watch video in VLC, just shows up grey and pixelated.o_O

What do you mean? I described the dual boot method. install windows on a new drive, then boot chimera and choose the OS from the chimera boot screen. Very standard practice.

g\

Totally understand but if i don't have a DVD drive to install it. How do i get the ISO for windows to boot on a USB jump drive ? My computer won't read it when i unplug my OS X Drive and start up with a new blank drive and choose the USB to boot from. Is this a BIOS thing I'm missing ?

Yes really.

Is this a BIOS thing I'm missing ?

Google how to make a USB bootable windows installer. Unfortunately, you need a windows machine to make one. shouldn't be hard to find. or borrow a dvd drive? use basic problem solving skills. way outside the topic.

g\

Yes really.
g\

Well you are right :lol:, i am experiencing some issues:
1) Once my computer goes to sleep i can only start it back by restarting the computer.

2) After running good for a few weeks suddenly my dual display now is "No HDMI signal" even though the computer recognizes it it just won't work.

3) I experience the occasional pop from my audio (I believe this is due to audio sleeping)

Question:?:
Have you uploaded your DSDT config file in the Mavericks Support Sticky Here ?
I would greatly appreciate to test yours out since i know you built yours correctly
and i know i had a few unsure moments when i built mine

thanks Genzai ! i am forever grateful as you have helped me to get this far !

3) I experience the occasional pop from my audio (I believe this is due to audio sleeping)

This is a common issue that has been around since the beginning of hackintoshing. It even affected some real macs. if you search you will see the better solution is install a small piece of free software called antipop.
---
As for DSDT, i do not intend to post a pre-patched DSDT because i have found that making certain changes to BIOS or even adding certain PCI(e) cards can cause DSDT config to change and not work for machines with different setups. Not to mention that if someone is using a different BIOS version there could be not insignificant differences in DSDT as well. Therefore it is much better to compile your own DSDT from your own clean one. That is the reason MacIASL method of DSDT patching was created, and it is a good reason. I have updated to latest F4 bios and made a DSDT based on Pjalm repo + the Toleda 8series-A1 patch. It is very easy and gets you the best DSDT at this time for your system.

g\

Maybe you should try the Genzai guide a few posts back i quoted it, it was super easy to do and worked almost instantly. It's just not a clover install like the tonymac one, but it works great.

The very next time I shutdown... the system started up again. I verified that the above 3 were disabled. I am using the i217-v ethernet port.

Is there any chance USB would wake the system? I have my monitor (which has a usb hub built in) connected (with USB wacom tablet plugged into that), USB Drives (which were never on during last power cycle) and USB Keyboard (with USB bluetooth adapter plugged in)

Now going through logs.. I'll update this post if I find something useful.

I finally figured out my self-start-after-power-off issue...

The short story is that I cleared BIOS by loading defaults and making changes to reflect my configuration. After doing this, I had no start issues after shutting down the system.

As a side note, after the load-defaults, I noticed one of the BIOS features is now missing. Background: I had built my system with an i7-4770 processor. That processor was faulty and I replaced it with an i7-4770K processor. After doing a load-defaults, "BIOS Features -> VT-d" was missing. Hopefully this will help someone else out if they are having start-after-power-off issues.

-px

Hi, Im new to this i followed the directions in this post. I used the following compontents

GA Z87 UD7 TH
32gb Crucial Ballistix Tactical
GTX760

My only issue is getting audio out of the hdmi or GTX680. Im new to mac as well so it could be that i haven't activated it in the right place or something. Could someone please give me some guidance on how to check if this work. Also when i plug headphones into case the audio works, i just want to move the audio to either my hdmi on motherboard or Graphics card. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back