Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH - MultiBeast Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this as close as possible, there were a few uncertain areas for me,
right now i cant start up i get this boot0: GPT error message.
any understanding would be great !

When i went through all the installs only thing i couldnt get was the PEG part, the scripts ran gave me two errors so i just deleted the lines for the PEG stuff

any ideas to fix the GPT boot0: error ?

You need to use the P0,P1, etc boot drive options, not the UEFI options in the bios.
Also if you got errors making your DSDT you did something wrong. You have to apply all the patches at the same time before compiling. You can delete the DSDT, reboot and start from scratch.
g\

You need to use the P0,P1, etc boot drive options, not the UEFI options in the bios.
Also if you got errors making your DSDT you did something wrong. You have to apply all the patches at the same time before compiling. You can delete the DSDT, reboot and start from scratch.
g\

I figured it out, i actually just had to reinstall chimera, and it started no problem.

Officially the only thing Not working is one ethernet port and there is zero audio :roll2:

**UPDATE** - I had to re-run MultiBeast for the audio but this time without DSDT
works perfect and everything is up and running.

I'm curious what you used to dual boot Windows with this setup Genzai ?
I'd like to add the additional drivers but I'm worried about messing up my perfect working system,
but then again maybe i should just run it on it's own drive for that exact reason haha

Thanks again for your walk through, it made my first build a breeze! :clap:

I'm also working on this configuration, systems boots most of the functionality seems to work.

So far so good, but any one experiencing any problems with shutting down the system, mobo doesn't turn off. Keeps running. Drives are shutdown ….

Jay

After upgrading to 10.9.2 the problem I'm having is that the computer shuts down, but after 10 seconds it will startup as if I pressed power button again. This happens about 30% of the time.

Have you disabled Wake On LAN in BIOS ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong:
1) I don't know where else to post this question, so please tell me if this is the proper place.
2) I have the GA-Z87X-UD7-TH running mostly ok, with the Clover / TonyMac install method.
3) I have the ATI 5870HD card in the motherboard, and I can not for the life of me get either Maverick 10.9.2 to see the card, NOR can I get my Windows 8 64bit to see the cards. Is this because I am booting UEFI, and not the traditional BIOS?
4) Is there a way to make the cards boot UEFI, or for the Mavericks install to see these ATI cards, or even the Windows 8 side to see the cards?

Thank you for your help, and please let me know if I should post this elsewhere....

Please correct me if I'm wrong:
1) I don't know where else to post this question, so please tell me if this is the proper place.
2) I have the GA-Z87X-UD7-TH running mostly ok, with the Clover / TonyMac install method.
3) I have the ATI 5870HD card in the motherboard, and I can not for the life of me get either Maverick 10.9.2 to see the card, NOR can I get my Windows 8 64bit to see the cards. Is this because I am booting UEFI, and not the traditional BIOS?
4) Is there a way to make the cards boot UEFI, or for the Mavericks install to see these ATI cards, or even the Windows 8 side to see the cards?

Thank you for your help, and please let me know if I should post this elsewhere....

You might have more success if you post in Graphics.

Good Luck

OK! now I have wake on lan disabled for 1) ethernet 1 2) ethernet 2, and 3) Preferences -> energy saver

I had only one of the ethernet ports disabled before. -px

The very next time I shutdown... the system started up again. I verified that the above 3 were disabled. I am using the i217-v ethernet port.

Is there any chance USB would wake the system? I have my monitor (which has a usb hub built in) connected (with USB wacom tablet plugged into that), USB Drives (which were never on during last power cycle) and USB Keyboard (with USB bluetooth adapter plugged in)

Now going through logs.. I'll update this post if I find something useful.

I have the GA-Z87X-UD7-TH running mostly ok, with the Clover / TonyMac install method.

Maybe you should try the Genzai guide a few posts back i quoted it, it was super easy to do and worked almost instantly. It's just not a clover install like the tonymac one, but it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back