Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH - MultiBeast Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Wifi/Bluetooth card: forget it.
It worked for me every now and then with a lot of boot probs and then I ripped it out. It works perfectly with Tony's recommendations.

For HDMI audio Toleda is working on it and I think he just found a solution:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/108302-haswell-hdmi-audio.html

For the rest gezai's post is really helpful.

Thanks, what's Tonys method, and where do I find it? I went off his recommendation but haven't found his build...

This board is as default as you can get- besides the Thunderbolt settings. I didn't follow any special guides to get it setup- just the general UniBeast 10.9 guide and DSDT-Free setup with MultiBeast. Here are my test results with Thunderbolt- works with any Thunderbolt devices, without hotplug.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...e-ga-z87x-ud7-th-thunderbolt-2-0-testing.html

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Thanks Tonymac, some of the things on that link have helped, still having wifi and HDMI audio issues, i have more research to to to figure out the tutorial one post mentioned about HDMI audio.

MY biggest question... There is a Bios update on gigabytes website, F3... Should I be updating to that bios? i see a lot of references to F2 Bios...:crazy:

I have just done a build following your instructions - but have never used Macaisl before. Everything has worked great anyhow running 10.9 the only thing not working is audio. Any suggestions?

I am new to this too, if you are referring to audio in general, I successfully used MaciASL to build a DSDT and then used multibeast with the audio selections suggested below, I did add Ethernet option, it was the middle one in the selection in multibeast, everything else was left alone.

Basically you have to open MaciAisl by right clicking and select open or there is some kind of error. You have to add pjalm repository for your board within maciASL, once you do that, select your board and build the DSDT... Just select your board and patch, save it to your desktop... Then follow the multibeast method below... There is a thread on now to use that program that will guide you. I am new and do not understand ssdt method to get HDMI audio, There is a guide to get your hdmi audio working by editing something, I'm not clear on that either.

MaciASL for mountain lion is the latest I think.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/files/1.3/

For audio I used Realtek ALC/ with DSDT/ ALC898 because I used a DSDT.
If you didn't use DSDT, have you tried SSDT method?, I think it's easier since you don't have to find and patch your DSDT.

tonymacx86-

Have you (or anyone that has had "success") tried copying 2TB worth of data? It seem that everything works, but when I try to copy large amounts of data, the system locks up. Very frustrating. I've tried several different install methods as outlined on this site, but if i initiate a copy, and walk away, the machine hangs at some point during the copy. I have used Finder, and cp with similar results.

I'm using the GA-Z87X-UD7-TH with Mavericks; I'm not overclocking with i7-4770 and am using the corsair Vengeance 1600MHz memory; I also have an nVidia 690 GTX video as a 2nd monitor.

-px

I've tried several different install methods as outlined on this site, but if i initiate a copy, and walk away, the machine hangs at some point during the copy.
-px

Of course people are copying large amounts of data. You don't provide any information that could lead to us troubleshooting your issue. You need to explain what you are copy to and from, interfaces, etc. And you need to upload logs or screenshots of the panic / logs at time of "lock up".

g\

Did you get the included bluetooth and wifi working s well? The board and setup was a breeze, just checking if the wifi (intel 7620 ) and bluetooth 4.0 work...

Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back