Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7-TH - MultiBeast Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks P1LGRIM. That is easy enough.

3f. DO NOT install any of the other drivers or patches, many will screw things up.

Hey there! Thanks for the effort you guys put into making the hackintosh support community work!!!

Yesterday i built my first hackintosh and after multiple attempta at installing every time i got to the step of rebooting after multibeast, maciasl etc. I get a kernel panic which i believe is kext/driver related.

I'm running:

GA-z87x-ud7 TH (rev 2.0)
i7-4790k
EVGA gtx760 sc acx 2GB
16GB (8GBx2) Crucial Sport XT 1600mhz (i cant remember off the top of my head)

My question is as follows. Should I untick all the other options in multibeast and only tick the ones you chose? Secondly, i got 21 remarks in the compile opposed to 11 that pixelatand said he had got in his guide based on youra Genzai :) What am I doing wrong?

Felluellu

I´ll be building a yosemite OS with this mother and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2048 MB.
My question is about he eSATA drives: I´be using a 120gb SSD for OS X with a 4tb RAID (2TB+2TB) and a different 120 SSD with single 3TB HD for Win7. As you know this mother has 4 eSATA controlled by the Marvell 88SE9230 and 6 ESATA drives controlled by the Intel z87 Chipset.

Is that the same that I made the hackintosh in the marvell eSATA connectors?
Should I do it in the Intel z87 connectors?
What about the things that I share between the two OSs? Like when I want to access to the Mac Partition from Windows with the MacDrive or the NTFS Drives from OS X through Paragon Software?
The same goes for the DVD drive that I´ll be sharing between Mac and win

Thanks

Hi, Eric!

Have you had any success with your second ethernet port?

The bottom port (Intel i210) is supposed to be natively supported by OSX. However, when I booted into OSX without any network drivers from Multibeast, neither port shows up in the Network Prefs.

After installing hnak's network driver, I got the TOP ethernet port working properly (Intel i217-V chip), but the bottom one is still unresponsive (Intel i210) which is unusual because its supposed to be natively supported.

FYI the lights on both ports behave the same when the ethernet cord is plugged in: Left light is solid orange, right light is blinking yellow.

I'm having the exact same problem. It's been over a year since you wrote about this, so I just thought I'd check if you have solved it.

EDIT:

Success!

I got the second NIC (i210 to work) by installing the latest AppleIGB.kext from hnak. You can find it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/Snow_or_Above/

In the above link you will also find the latest AppleIntelE1000e.kext for the i217 ethernet port.

I installed the kext using Kext Utility (http://mac.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/Kext-Utility.shtml)

Regards,
Hans-Olav

So I've tried genzai's walkthrough, and so far I can't get past creating the DSDT. The patch for the GA-Z87X-UD7 TH pjalm repos comes back with 201 errors regardles of whether I apply the other pathces he recommended like the HDMI audio or Discrete Graphics. Am I missing something during that process? I'm still fairly new to this so I apologize for the lack of information.

cmarenco, did you get it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back