Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All

First Post..

New to this but have made the leap into wanting to build myself a serious machine.

All my research thus far has lead me to believe that this build is possible with a hackintosh although not overtly stated on many sites.

Is there anyone out there that can offer comfirmation/ advice or pointers?

much appreciated.

Please find my desired system specs below.

System

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH

CPU

Intel Core i7 4930K Extreme Hex Core CPU Retail (Socket 2011, 3.40GHz, 12MB, 130W, Hyper-Threading
Graphics

2 x Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 770 OC 4GB DDR5

Other Hardware

Crucial Ballistix BLS4C8G3D169DS3BEU Sport XT 32GB (8GBx 4) 240 Pin DIMM DDR3 PC3-12800

Corsair Hydro Series H100i All-In-One 240mm Digital High Performance Rad Liquid Cooler

Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb SSD

TP-Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter

COUGAR CHALLENGER 6HM6 Gamer Case ATX

Corsair Builder Series CXM 750W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH only support socket 1150, but 4930K is socket 2011...

i7 4770k shoud be a good choice for the motherboard.

thanks for the response.

are there any thunderbolt capable motherboards out there that are compatible with the hexcore CPU?

EDIT: further research has led me to the conclusion that that is a dumb question.

although it would be nice to have a Hex Core Thunderbolt capable motherboard... surely that would be a dream.

I would guess that ASUS will release a Thunderbolt-capable motherboard with the X99 chipset.

But first you got to wait for X99 to be released. Then you got to wait for ASUS to make a (hopefully) OS X capable motherboard with Thunderbolt. And then you got to wait for Apple themselves to release updates to OS X for new tech such as DDR4 (probably won't happen until 10.10 at the earliest). And THEN you have to hope the geniuses of the internet sort out the Thunderbolt issues by then.

So I would suggest you keep it a dream with an understanding that it realistically won't happen... at least not anytime in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back