Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hi,I have a new 1150 Haswell build with the motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H and the i5-4670K CPU. I have no Graphics Card.
Everything has been very smooth both the install and the post.
But I have a problem. Or 2 problems actually.
The first one is that whenever it goes into a deep sleep and I boot it up again I get a noise image on my screen. See the attachment.
It happens if I use the mouse or keyboard and it also happens when I press the on button to wake the machine up. I have a Benq Monitor and i'm running it on DVI. If i press the screen off and on again the picture will sometimes come back and sometimes it will just stay like that, until I restart the machine.
Do you have any suggestions ?

The second problem is that I sometimes get random freezes when I am in Word or in Chrome. I read on another thread that it could be a virtual machine that was doing it, and I am running Parallels, with Windows 7. So I'm gonna try and see if it helps not to use Parallels. But do you guys have any experience with random freezes on this motherboard and CPU ?

Thanks in advance and hope you guys have any suggestions :)

Attachments

• IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 227
I just bought that exact motherboard with the same processor and I was wondering if the install went smoothly. And with the wake-up issue, I would try looking at the wake-up settings in system preferences. Please let me know of that works out.

I have the same problem.

edit: the problem comes when i add "IGPEnabler" Yes to Boot.plist.

edit2: problem seem solved. try to add <key>IGPlatformID</key><string>0D260000</string> in Boot.plist

The install went very smooth. Nothing to complain about. The only issues I have been having are the Random Freezes that I think is caused by Parallels running Windows 7 Apps.
And the problem with the wake up.

I will try the suggestions and see what happens and post back here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back