Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 recommended Bios Settings & flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Venny,
Thanks for the info.

Can you please let me know what bios settings you used in peripherals? I am pretty sure XHCI settings are what are preventing me from getting USB 3.

I will try your solution with Audio.

Thanks,
Charlie

i have updated lated bios , set load to default , after only disabled vt-d and enabled ehci hand-off .. no other setting
installed whitout graphics card , multibeast - dsdfree checked , deleted HDAEnabler1 , installed voodoo 2.8.4 , installed lan , restart ...
after put in graphic card and all working... this is all ..
Whit audio driver realtek and HDAEnabler1 stuck on apple logo

XHCI Mode - Smart Auto
XHCI Hand-off - enabled
EHCI Hand-off - enabled

Hi,
So I took your advice and managed to get sound working but I dont think its an ideal solution as the quality doesn't seem quite right, maybe its just me.

I tried enabling XCHI mode to Auto / Smart Auto and it really doesnt like it, I get stuck at "RTC" so I have disabled it again for now.

I will do some further research.

Thanks,
Charlie

After days of searching with no luck I stumbled on your post Chalima. I tried everything else, pulled my GPU, used onboard graphics, used the "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No and loaded right into OSX install. Installing right now with no issues at all. For this one simple updated post, you are my hero! Thanks again for coming back with the info. It may have been posted somewhere but I must have missed it until I saw this post!

Hi Crakkers,
I am pleased that you managed to get it working and these posts were useful.

Have you managed to get Audio and USB 3 working?

Thanks,
Chalima

I haven't got either working yet, I've had multiple issues with drivers failing when installing Multibeast so the OS has been redone a few times. Got the proper driver install so far figured out after installing the easy option at the top for the boot loader and all. Using that option, I knocked out my internet and with further searching, found u had to reinstall the Intel driver only to fix that problem. If u have any input please fill me in on the other drivers. I have a new SSD coming in to install OSX on its own HDD so I'm gonna have to redo it all again. I'm going to be doing a little more research on those driver issues today.

On a side note, while working with the voohdoo.kext files for audio, I kept getting a voohdoo.kext (don't remember the number off hand) failed after multibeast install. Still haven't sorted that out yet. Also if I bring up apple's homepage on Safari the graphics on there are super choppy like flash player is failing or something. Scrolling up or down on any other website gets the same results with the pictures on it. Any input is greatly appreciated!

my set is

i5 4570
GA-Z87-HD3
RAM 16G BUS 1600
HARDDISK 1 TB
Gigabyte GTX 650 OC

BIOS

Load optimizing
memory setting -> Profile 1
VT-D -> Disable
XHCI Mode -> Smart Auto
XHCI Hand-off -> enabled
EHCI Hand-off -> enabled

and Disable Graphics On board

Install

command -x then can install to complete when Boot i use GraphicsEnabler=0
Multibeat setting
Audio -> without DSDT -> ALC 892
Network -> L'man 81xx
Boot option -> GraphicsEnabler=No

It's Work Fine

but sometime has sound like harddisk standby often

What versions of the BIOS is everyone using? mine came with F4, and I flashed it to F6, and neither is allowing me the option to disable Vt-d

What versions of the BIOS is everyone using? mine came with F4, and I flashed it to F6, and neither is allowing me the option to disable Vt-d

You probably have a K type processor and the VT-d feature is not applicable hence you can't disable it.

Just a guess as you haven't listed your hardware - See the rules : http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back