Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5TH wifi bluetooth card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use this adapter too - GC-WB300D. It came with my mobo. There's no driver for wi-fi yet, but the bluetooth module does work with ML 10.8.2. flawlessly ! I've got Apple's bluetooth magic mouse and keyboard.

The only thing is: unfortunately you have to boot to Windows ( or Linux ) first so that the adapter is "turned on". If you boot to ML first ( "cold boot" ), it won't work !

Somebody said in another forum that this bluetooth adapter lacks memory for firmware so, everytime you turn your PC on, the driver uploads firmware and then the OS recognizes it. The MAC driver don't do this, so ... it's not "turned on".

Would appreciate If anybody could clear this out.

After reading posts about a fix for this, I came down to this:

1. Boot up in windows :arrow:
  2. Install the drivers for the bluetooth card (only do this if you've never done this before... don't embarrass yourself :banghead:)
  3. Search for another bluetooth device (no need to pair with it, just make sure you can see other discoverable devices) :!:
  4. REBOOT (DO NOT SHUTDOWN) windows and boot up your hackintosh into Mac OSX :beachball:
  5. Have fun :headbang:

I'm 100% sure that if you follow those steps you'll get your bluetooth card working with ANY bluetooth device, just like on a normal Mac... :D

Keep in mind that if you shutdown your computer / have a power failure, you'll have to do all the steps all over again. :problem:

Well, as I said, there's always an easier way.. Thanks for the tip !

Cheers !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back