1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[Solved] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH / Intel i7-3770k / Apple Thunderbolt Display

Hi everybody

During install process
Apple Thunderbolt Display works fine (HD4000, Thunderbolt Port 1 or 2)

After installation if Hardware Acceleration = YES, then works fine only first restart after MultiBeast and on next restart, after white screen with apple - no image, only black screen (TP1)
if i use TP2 - kernel panic

if Hardware Acceleration = NO, then i saw only poor graphics with lags (

hdmi out from motherboard to my samsung tv - ok

Need your help!

PS

ML 10.8.2
try BIOS ver F4, F11, F12e
BIOS settings like this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

[WORK] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH / Intel i7-3770k / Apple Thunderbolt Display

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
Intel i7-3770k
Apple Thunderbolt Display

GeForce GTX650

BIOS F12e
ML 10.8.3 12D44

Sorry for russian in screens, but all works )
Снимок экрана 2012-12-23.png
Снимок экрана 2012-12-23.jpg

Same hardware, same issue.

If I unplug the TB display from the bottom port after it is booted and the monitor is Black then plug it back in I can get a picture after a few seconds but I loose everything built into the display (usb, FaceTime, ethernet).

I am just using the onboard graphics.

Top port give me a kernel panic.

I picked up a Cinema Display today and am happy to report that everything is working perfectly. I will continue testing and see how things go. So far no panics. The issues all seemed to be related to the Thunderbolt display or thunderbolt in general.

Hi!

How is testing...??
Everything working fine??

Could You write any installation guide for Thunderbolt Cinema Display?

All Best!

It has been about a month now and I couldnt be happier. The Cinema display works perfectly with my Hack and under Windows as well. If you wan t an Apple display with built in speakers, mic, camera and usb hub, get the Cinema Display.

Not surprised the Cinema Display is working great!

If I unplug the TB display from the bottom port after it is booted [...]
You will probably crash the machine. Thunderbolt hot-plug is not supported!
Firewire, Ethernet, USB, audio, webcam, control of the display brightness, etc: that's a bunch of controllers which suddenly appear/disappear on the PCIe bus!

On the Cinema Display the webcam and display control (and the USB ports) are all just fed by the USB hub, and hot-plug of those definitely works fine.

I just got my Thunderbolt Display from craigslist.com for $650, it look great then after I restart and it go to white screen with apple logo then no image, only black screen on top Thunderbolt port 1, if I use thunderbolt bottom port 2 it kernel panic. Have any one figure out with that?

I just got my Thunderbolt Display from craigslist.com for $650, it look great then after I restart and it go to white screen with apple logo then no image, only black screen on top Thunderbolt port 1, if I use thunderbolt bottom port 2 it kernel panic. Have any one figure out with that?

I personally believe it is a power management issue, the TB display will turn on if you sleep then wake. Alternatively, try my boot playlist. How are you loading the HD4000 drivers? Are you using only internal graphics?

I personally believe it is a power management issue, the TB display will turn on if you sleep then wake. Alternatively, try my boot playlist. How are you loading the HD4000 drivers? Are you using only internal graphics?

Yes I am use internal Graphic HD4000 only for now. Should I enable Power Management Hibernate Mode under multibeast 5.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back