Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
will this work thanks
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard

We are not recommending Ivy Bridge systems at the moment.

Mate94 said:

Why bother replying?

Anyways, several people have successfully built a Hackintosh with the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H . Note that you will not be able to get the VIA audio to work, so you will have to use a USB audio device or other option. Just do a google search for: site:tonymacx86.com Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

You should come across posts from people who have that board.

snorpio said:
Mate94 said:

Why bother replying?

Anyways, several people have successfully built a Hackintosh with the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H . Note that you will not be able to get the VIA audio to work, so you will have to use a USB audio device or other option. Just do a google search for: site:tonymacx86.com Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

You should come across posts from people who have that board.
Until these parts aren't in the CustoMac Builds 2012 article, I won't recommend anything Ivy Bridge or something else.

PLEASE NOTE: Ivy Bridge CPUs and chipsets are not currently supported natively by Mac OS X. We can't recommend Ivy Bridge systems yet, as there is no official support. Hence, please don't view this as buying advice. We don't recommend using a patched kernel for the long-term. The vanilla kernel is a much more desirable solution for a stable system.

Mate94 said:
He didn't ask for a recommendation, he ask if it would work... :crazy:

I got ML running 'almost' on this board (GA-Z77X-D3H, without the "U"), but it still contains Atheros network card and VIA sound board.

It would be less of a hassle to install ML on the boards recommended in the Buyer's Guide 2012 (as they have the Realtek sound card which is easier to install):
http://www.osx86install.com/osx86news/124-building-a-customac-buyers-guide-2012.html

The VIA sound board gave me a bit of a hard time (the install process isn't straightforward and without bumps), but 3 hours later and a lot of googling around got me sound on this board in ML as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back