EVGA 650ti SSC 2Gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

Need some advice here. this is my very first Hackintosh build attempt and it's nearly driving me up the wall.

First things first, here're my hardware specification

MB: Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP5-TH
Ram: 32Gb
Graphics: EVGA 650 Ti SSC 2Gb
CPU: Intel i7-3770 (NOT the K version)

I've followed the following guide to build:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...core-i7-3770k-ga-z77x-up5-th-16gb-hd4000.html

The problem I'm facing.. I was already having a lot of difficulty trying to boot into the install program from my USB drive, but was able to install ML following the instructions on the link above after removing the Graphics Card and with a -x boot flag.

Managed to boot into OSX
but AFTER inserting the graphics card back in, I've never been successful in booting into OSX anymore.

I've tried almost all the common boot flags combination.. such as

-v
-x
-f
GraphicsEnabler=No (and Yes)

But i'm either getting stuck during the boot.. or getting a Kernel Panic.

Here's the attached Screen Capture.

I also have a separate hard drive that I've installed Win 7 Pro. that boots up fine with Chimera.. my only issue is with booting it into OSX.

I do have a strange feeling that the error has got to do with the [AGPM Controller] Unknown Platform

Does anyone have any similar situations? Please help ... So that I don't have to be stuck with Windows 7!!!

Thanks
Regards
babytay

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 285
try to boot OR/AND install ML with only 4 GB of RAM. that worked just fine for me :thumbup:

and dont put your graphics card into your system before u can boot into ML without USB drive. plug your graphics in when u need to manage the settings for multibeast.

on mine in 10.8.3
I have to put the HD4000 GFX card first video in the bios with mac mini 6.2

which involves having 2 screens, or put two video cables
one of the HD4000
on one graphic card
to see the bios startup
otherwise it crashes on startup

can be used if Mapro 3.1 but youtube does not work

Here's an update on what i did..

Firstly.. it's still not (really) working.

I took out the 650ti card and connected the video direct to the motherboard.

it still didn't want to boot without any bootflags.. .. it tries to load but it the loading 'wheel' keeps spinning and nothing happens..
HOWEVER, it could load osX in safe mode with a -x flag and it works fine.
it even works in Verbose mode (-v).. I tried to load in -v mode, just to see where it got stuck.. but with the -v flag.. it loads into my desktop really quickly.. and really well..

Any idea what might be the problem?

I'm on OS X 10.8.2

I'll also post my Chameleon.boot.plist in the next post so that you can have a look and see what's going on.

Regards
babytay

Latest update..

I shut down my hackintosh. went for dinner, and came back.. didn't do anything.. or change anything.. and powered up the computer again (without the Video Card installed).

I'm now unable to boot into my desktop.. even with a -v bootflag.. it get's stuck....

I can only boot into safe mode (-x)

Here's a screen capture of where it got stuck.

Any ideas?
regards
babytay
photo2.JPG

I have the same build. I bought the hardware right from the supported hardware links on this site. I have never been able to boot with my graphics card in the machine. With the graphics card out, I have to use -v -x boot flags to boot to the installer screen and after the install, -v -x are required to boot into OSX. I've installed 10.8.2 (wouldn't boot), done the supplemental update (wouldn't boot). I've installed 10.8.2 and done the combo update to 10.8.3 and it wouldn't boot. I've installed 10.8.3 and it wouldn't boot.
I've tried every guide I can find. I am convinced that this motherboard will not work without a supported grahpics card and I am convinced that the 650ti is not supported. I would love it if anyone could prove me wrong and provide instructions to get it working. Right now, I am really regretting my purchase.

Hi guys,

I got my ASUS 650 Ti Boost working in 10.8.3 using a combination of sitcom's process here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-gtx-660-16gb-128gb-samsung-ssd-10-8-2-a.html

As well as hackintose's process:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...z77n-wifi-i5-350k-nvidia-gt-640-10-8-2-a.html

NOTE: Basically, I don't think there is ANY way to get around safe booting until you get the graphics (as well as the audio!)set up correctly via Multibeast, so just use the -x flag every time you boot until this is done.

My process:

1) After initial Mountain Lion install I booted in safe mode WITHOUT the vid card installed, just plugged into the port on the motherboard.

2) Once in, I renamed the kexts that sitkom suggests you rename (see his post).I then also installed the Mac Pro 5,1 definition through Multibeast.

3) I didn't have to install the Nvidia drivers since my install was 10.8.3. If you are on 10.8.2, you will have to do this step as he suggests.

4) Then I followed the part of Hackintose's process where he suggests:

Run Multibeast
Drivers -> Graphics -> NVIDIA Fermi OpenCL Patch -> NVIDIA Retail 304.... (Note: I had best luck with this, 10.8 Patch could work for you)
Customization -> Boot Options -> Graphics Enabler=No

5) I shut down the system, installed the 650 Ti card, plugged everything in, turned on, and system booted into OSX successfully without -x flag.

This process worked for me with my Asus 650 Ti Boost card. I hope it works for you!

My only problem currently is that it seems there are issue with the 650 showing a dark screen after wake from sleep (you can search for this, a lot of users have this issue)...so if any of you get to that same point and fix it, let me know. At least this way, everything is working without problems unless your system goes to sleep....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back